Been Catching My P4 to Land, then kill with left stick?

Reaction score
So we all know that full down and In on both sticks turns on and kills power. But when I catch it out of the air just the throttle stick alone kills it. Would throttle stick by itself pulled all the down while bird was coming down kill the motors too and just fall out of sky? I never yank it all the way down but curious if it would kill it? And why does it kill it with one stick when I'm catching it out of the air?

I wonder if left stick down has caused Phantoms to fall out of the sky. I mean, if your holding left stick down and a vertical reading fails, motors could stop. Such a glitch could be possible. I never hold left stick all the way down. Such a glitch is too easy to happen. I could be wrong but I'll use left stick down and just barely meet bottom of travel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Re fall from sky, I suppose it might be possible, but I've never heard of it happening, and it seems extremely unlikely since it takes a full three seconds for the motors to determine it has landed and it's time to stop. The aircraft should be descending at a fairly fast x ft/sec rate, so to sense no change in altitude after three full secs seems pretty unlikely. There's also a theory that the P4 might also use VPS to determine if it's landed (see discussion in link posted above).

On my P2V, I use left stick all the way down all the time to descend, although I'm almost always coming in at an angle.

Reactions: Zeprider
I guess this is theoretically possible if your barometer, accelerometer, & GPS all failed concurrently but it hasn't happened to me in approaching 1000 flights.

I wonder if left stick down has caused Phantoms to fall out of the sky. I mean, if your holding left stick down and a vertical reading fails, motors could stop. Such a glitch could be possible. I never hold left stick all the way down. Such a glitch is too easy to happen. I could be wrong but I'll use left stick down and just barely meet bottom of travel.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20