Beautiful Morning

Reaction score
As I look out at the open space by my house I am struck by the beauty of the frosted trees and the several inches of snow on the ground.
I thought about taking the P3A up but am very hesitant do to the altitude and the temperature. I am at 5000 feet and it is -2f outside.
It is not worth risking the bird at this time.

Last edited:
are there any posted recommended temperatures you should not fly at? I can't wait for the cold and snow to come so I can get my phantom in the air.

natvtrader, read the manual. It tells very clearly the recommended temperature range for flying.

Last edited:
The colder your battery gets the shorter the charge. Also at 5000 feet the air is thinner and you do not get as much lift. When the temp is below freezing I do not fly.

My P3 is new and I've been flying as much as possible. I'm in Montana and it's been cold this week (-17F to +20F). Below zero is to d.... Cold for me but the bird flew fine. Beware of your battery levels and let it warm up before launch and you will be fine. I have more trouble seeing my tablet in the glare and the drone almost disappears against the white background so keeping track of things is a bigger problem than the cold. Be prepared and have fun.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik