Bearings for 2312A

Reaction score
I've seen lots of videos on replacing bearings and other maintenance for the 2312 motors, but nothing really for the 2312A. Do they use the same bearings?
Anyone know where to get bearings or better yet rebuild kit for it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Even better than a kit, for the price of 2 new bearings I would get a complete new motor.

A new motor is expected tomorrow but seems a waste to toss out a motor that only needs wear parts. Stator and rotor are perfectly good. If I can get a 4 motor rebuild kit for the same 22 dollars including shipping or even less, I could fix motor problems quicker and cheaper with less waste.

A new motor is expected tomorrow but seems a waste to toss out a motor that only needs wear parts. Stator and rotor are perfectly good. If I can get a 4 motor rebuild kit for the same 22 dollars including shipping or even less, I could fix motor problems quicker and cheaper with less waste.

New motors aren't that expensive. IMO it would be better to just replace the motor, and not try to rebuild them. Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Motor replaced, now there's less vibration with the props running, not that I found degraded performance with the original motor.
You definitely need a tool to push the shaft out of the bearing and a proper tool to spread the retainer to remove it. I think I damaged the bearing seal cover trying to spread it open with the equivalent of a tapered screwdriver. Rotor bell housing was able to be separated off of the shaft though.
Again, I'd really hate to throw away this motor when the majority of it is still good. Mostly a project for fun than anything else.
Removing the cover to change out the motor was a big pain. Damaged the seams a bit with the credit cards trying to pop loose the clips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20