Beach Replenishment Shot from DJI Phantom 2 Vision+

Not to far from me down here on the MD coast. Our beach replenishment will be next year...
As the post above asks...what about that gimble?

I'm with you OI Photography. I don't think that looked all that stable on the yaw. Most of it was ok but did not look as good as I was seeing elsewhere. Also, it may just be me but image quality is not what I would expect either. Perhaps that was lost in post or maybe youtube is killing it? If not, GP3 Black is still king it seems.

Glad you are happy with it and I am not personally implying it's crap, as I know it's not. It looks pretty good in the end. Just critiquing the results as I see them from the new craft that not many of us have yet seen.

Right, I didn't mean to comment on the flying at all, just the fact it doesn't seem that the gimbal is working in any axis really. The video starts off with roll wagging, and for most of it the horizon is about 30deg off center. It looks like it might have been pitch stabilized a bit, but not much. Even a 2-axis should look better than that. Are we sure this wasn't a P2V instead of a P2V+?

Something totally wrong with that, I could fly my P2V more smoothly than that without a gimbal. The horizon doesn't stay level either.

Suggest you are not flying a P2V+ or one where the gimbal locking plate is still fitted... :eek:

I seem to remeber there is a mode that you can select to modify the gimbal to allow camera bank. The idea is you can get 'superman' type flying shots rather than a rock steady platform.

Like others dealy love to know what mode you had selected.

I can almost guarantee that FPV Mode was selected because the camera was obviously rolling into the bank of the craft. If not, then there is something wrong with your gimbal.

shartlza said:
I can almost guarantee that FPV Mode was selected because the camera was obviously rolling into the bank of the craft. If not, then there is something wrong with your gimbal.

Bingo, So pissed I forgot and left this on.... video is so stable without it on that I think the screen froze.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic