Beach Flying

Reaction score
Hello, I am going to the beach tomorrow and I would like to know what I should expect. I am going to New Smyrna Beach in Florida.

Expect a little attention but beautiful shots

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I took mine to the beach and found a "No Drones" sign. Had to go to another beach.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello, I am going to the beach tomorrow and I would like to know what I should expect. I am going to New Smyrna Beach in Florida.

Not a regular there, it's a few hours North of me, but they do have an airport within 5 miles of much of the beach area.
Best to check this out:
Drone/Model Aircraft Information | New Smyrna Beach, FL - Official Website

It seems they require written notice to the airport 48 hrs in advance.

I don't care to argue the validity of such a requirement but I'm sure the local LEOs would so FYI.

Reactions: BigAl07
I fly a lot at the beach and always try to stay out over the water so I'm not annoying people. The best time is actually at sunrise or sunset when the lighting is perfect (golden hours) and there are less people so you can fly wherever you like. I normally use a landing mat to avoid stirring up sand on takeoff and landing. Have fun!

Reactions: Bigdz
If you see seaguls, step back, they will defend their territory. Good flight.

PH3P + PH3A

If you see seaguls, step back, they will defend their territory. Good flight.

PH3P + PH3A
I've had a few problems with birds, I find gaining altitude as fast as you can puts them off and is the best option. They can't gain altitude anything like a quad can. If they contribute to bother climb, manoeuvre, land.

If it's windy, don't pussyfoot it on take off. Give it juice hard. The phantom will balance itself once up. If you go too slow, you can flip.

That's the last time I went to the coast. Make sure to clean th camera lense before ya go out. This is the vid I hit 68mph.p, about 7:25.

Reactions: Wibble

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic