Beach art stills from a P4

Reaction score
Have to say I love the angles I can get with my P4, especially when catching some of the local beach art in my area. :)
1 sa 1 sml.jpg
1 sa 6 sml.jpg
1 sa 2 sml.jpg
1 Sand Art 1 smler.jpg
1 Sand Art 7 sml.jpg
1 sa 3 sml.jpg
1 Sand Art.jpg
1 Sand art 5 SML.jpg
1 Sand Art 9 sml.jpg
1 sa 1 b sml.jpg

Certainly, some nice art and great views of them!

Also, some people with a lot of time on their hands but, some good use of that time I might add!

Thanks for sharing.

edspilot

Reactions: Thunderstruck
amazing photos, really some of the best i have seen, care to share some tips? Were you using filters? How did you capture such definition and quality?

Reactions: Thunderstruck
Unreal.. great pictures
That is awesome. Where is that beach?
Wow.. amazing!! Thank you for posting these.
Certainly, some nice art and great views of them!

Also, some people with a lot of time on their hands but, some good use of that time I might add!

Thanks for sharing.

edspilot
Are you using lens filters?
amazing photos, really some of the best i have seen, care to share some tips? Were you using filters? How did you capture such definition and quality?

Thank you all for the kind comments! These images were shot in West Wales UK, No filters used btw, I haven't got any filters for the P4 yet, but would like some, the camera is set to shoot in raw & jpeg auto mode, and I edit all shots in raw first with Photoshop 14 elements.

First thing I do in edit is, drop highlights, exposure, white and black tones a small amount, which seems to make the image clearer, then I raise the contrast, clarity, shadow and temperature just a bit, I then raise the luminance quite high around 90% leaving detail around 50%, this will reduce the noise by loads, the sharpness is reduced at this point but can be brought back in the basic jpeg edit process without the noise. I then open the image in the basic PS 14 quick edit panel, Increase sharpness not too much though, open the haze removal which seems to work wonders! then smart tone and adjust to suit, then smart fix and adjust to suit, then straighten that pesky wonky horizon. and crop to suit, that's about it job done, It sounds like a long process but is pretty straight forward really.I resize the image to post online and save the image as a jpeg.

As for the beach art, It is indeed short lived, It's there for around 3 hours at the most when complete, which the artist likes, as he says; "it's nice to see the sea wipe the canvas clean, ready for another day" It takes him around 3 hours to complete most designs, which he usually makes up along the way, he does have a regular job, but often gets commissioned to create beach art for clients, creating company logos etc in the sand, as well as,"Will you marry me" messages and that sort of thing. It's a bit different but similar to flying those banners behind aircraft I guess.

Thank you all again for taking the time to look in and comment!
Best Regards Paul. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl