Be Prepared...

Reaction score
Greetings to all,
I keep reading the forum and I can’t decide…

I have PV+ about a month now with no problems at all. Stock firmware is 3.00 and just wondering should I update to latest? (3.04)

Also should I change to Naza?

With all these Fly Aways , Vortex Ring, Toilet bowl etc I want to be prepared and take the situation at hand if needed.

What should I do to be prepared?

Thanks
Platon

I feel you should be in Naza mode once you are comfortable flying it. The home lock feature can be very useful if you get disorientated. Being comfortable flying in ATTI mode and being ready to switch immediately if you see odd behavior will prevent most problems.

platonas1 said:
Greetings to all,

I have PV+ about a month now with no problems at all. Stock firmware is 3.00 and just wondering should I

With all these Fly Aways , Vortex Ring, Toilet bowl etc I want to be prepared and take the situation at hand if needed.

Thanks
Platon

Software upgrades will not stop the vortex issue. As you decend, keep the Phantom moving horizontally to keep the blades in clear air. ALSO... DON'T forget, for you "hotdogs", 3 seconds left joystick fully down will shut off the motors in flight!
this information is not correct !

caprob said:
platonas1 said:
Greetings to all,

I have PV+ about a month now with no problems at all. Stock firmware is 3.00 and just wondering should I

Thanks
Platon

Software upgrades will not stop the vortex issue. As you decend, keep the Phantom moving horizontally to keep the blades in clear air. ALSO... DON'T forget, for you "hotdogs", 3 seconds left joystick fully down will shut off the motors in flight!

what are you talking about. Im in naza mode and when i go down from 300-400 meters i go full down with my left stick, motors dont stop. what are you talking about.

I’ve read the STICKY POST Preventing & Recovering a Phantom from a fly away.
Number 6 … make sure your transmitters antenna is pointed straight up and not sideways as seen in many peoples videos.
But according this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzNBek5QcYY
the antenna should be horizontally.

Which is the correct position?

What it says in the manual.

The gentlemen was speaking in regard to radiation pattern and not polarization.

He is right that there are signal nulls or voids with respect to the tip but that is mostly an issue with near-field. When flying you are n the far-field and the pattern is much more encompassing. Other than that he missed the boat.

Don't believe everything you hear, see, or read on the web... including this! :p

Performing a CSC ( both sticks towards and downwards) during flight will shut the motors down and is not recommended.

Geert.

Just an important note: In NAZA mode, there are FOUR possible stick combinations that can trigger CSC mode. Hitting any of these while in flight will shut down the motors and result in certain hard crash for the Phantom.
Why does DJI offer FOUR CSC combination modes? I have no clue

Has anyone read or heard about any one stopping and restarting motors midflight?

Yes I've read of someone doing it with a pv2 that the camera was broken so he had taken it off and as far as I remember he had a pv2+ too so he was flying it like crazy. He said he did a csc at 400m intentionally, it dropped like a stone and he got it back on and level in gps mode at around 80m said it was heart stopping which I well believe. This is only what I READ and I certainly dont recommend it unless you have just won the lotto, if you have just won the lotto please do this with camera attached and post the video ;)

Hi, yes I too am very new to the P2V+ and have had the same question in my mind regarding sticking with the Phantom mode or jumping into the Naza mode.

For me I have the following thoughts.

PROs:

1) With all the flyaway posts I too do not want to be a victim of such an event. With Naza it could provide the ability to take back control and recover the situation, depending on the cause of the control loss

2) I like the idea of being able to easily invoke the RTH feature when in Naza mode. I always find the principle of turning off the TXer in Phantom mode to be very drastic and I'm not encouraged to use it very often

3) The Course lock feature of Naza mode sounds quite cool and could give some great video effects on fly passes etc

CONs:

1) Naze mode makes me feel I'm going back to a previous operating system that doesn't really sit well with the newer features of the P2V+, such as the complicated set of LED sequences which were required before WiFi flight monitoring provided Sat lock info, battery levels etc.

2) Naza mode has a few pitfalls which may add to the complexity of pre-flight checks and general flying. Namely accidental knocking of the switches and multiple CSC modes for stopping the motors

3) As the P2V+ comes set-up in Phantom mode I almost feel I'm messing with factory settings and inviting some calibration or set-up issue to dog me in the future if I suddenly jump across to Naza mode. But this is probably just me being to careful I guess :?

So for me I'm hoping to get a few more flights in with Phantom mode (approx 12 flights to date) and then cut across to Naza a bit later on.

But of course, if the **** thing flies off into the distance on one of my next few flights I will always have that thought in my mind as to whether I should have chanced converting to Naza mode and maybe had a chance at taking back control.

Lets see what happens......

I haven't told anyone publicly yet, but I have a new V+ being delivered tomorrow. I had bought my 2nd v2p after losing the 1st to a fly away 2 weeks ago. It turned out having the losing connection to network after getting above a certain operation temp.

Anyway, I saw some ask in one of the 1st few post in this thread about loading 3.04. I have put a lot of time into the current issue, spoke with dji tech's, ect. Take my advice and do not load 3.04. Actually, 3.0 is the best firmware there has been. The key is to not load 3.04 at all. It is similar to a virus. Once loaded, it doesn't matter which firmware you add after the system will give the same results.

My recommendation is to add a GPS tracker of some kind. Then have patients on the firmware issue.

GhostFlyerUK said:
Hi, yes I too am very new to the P2V+ and have had the same question in my mind regarding sticking with the Phantom mode or jumping into the Naza mode.

For me I have the following thoughts.

PROs:

1) With all the flyaway posts I too do not want to be a victim of such an event. With Naza it could provide the ability to take back control and recover the situation, depending on the cause of the control loss

2) I like the idea of being able to easily invoke the RTH feature when in Naza mode. I always find the principle of turning off the TXer in Phantom mode to be very drastic and I'm not encouraged to use it very often

3) The Course lock feature of Naza mode sounds quite cool and could give some great video effects on fly passes etc

CONs:

1) Naze mode makes me feel I'm going back to a previous operating system that doesn't really sit well with the newer features of the P2V+, such as the complicated set of LED sequences which were required before WiFi flight monitoring provided Sat lock info, battery levels etc.

2) Naza mode has a few pitfalls which may add to the complexity of pre-flight checks and general flying. Namely accidental knocking of the switches and multiple CSC modes for stopping the motors

3) As the P2V+ comes set-up in Phantom mode I almost feel I'm messing with factory settings and inviting some calibration or set-up issue to dog me in the future if I suddenly jump across to Naza mode. But this is probably just me being to careful I guess :?

So for me I'm hoping to get a few more flights in with Phantom mode (approx 12 flights to date) and then cut across to Naza a bit later on.

But of course, if the **** thing flies off into the distance on one of my next few flights I will always have that thought in my mind as to whether I should have chanced converting to Naza mode and maybe had a chance at taking back control.

Lets see what happens......

+1

flyNfrank said:
I haven't told anyone publicly yet, but I have a new V+ being delivered tomorrow. I had bought my 2nd v2p after losing the 1st to a fly away 2 weeks ago. It turned out having the losing connection to network after getting above a certain operation temp.

Anyway, I saw some ask in one of the 1st few post in this thread about loading 3.04. I have put a lot of time into the current issue, spoke with dji tech's, ect. Take my advice and do not load 3.04. Actually, 3.0 is the best firmware there has been. The key is to not load 3.04 at all. It is similar to a virus. Once loaded, it doesn't matter which firmware you add after the system will give the same results.

My recommendation is to add a GPS tracker of some kind. Then have patients on the firmware issue.

i use 3.0.4 and no problems at all. Over 50 flights now with this firmware version. Always update your firmware to the latest version if you want any kind of support.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic