Be careful about the new firmware upgrades!!

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with DJI support. I just got my PV on Monday. The first day, the bird only flew in 20' circles, very hard to land! Thinking I would check the firmware, I loaded up the DJI Assistant (ver 3.0) Was advised therein to upgrade several firmware/software items. After the upgrade, the bird would not even start the motors. According to DJI Support this is a common problem they are working on at this time. They hope to have a fix in the next day or so. good luck out there!

usaken said:
Just got off the phone with DJI support. I just got my PV on Monday. The first day, the bird only flew in 20' circles, very hard to land! Thinking I would check the firmware, I loaded up the DJI Assistant (ver 3.0) Was advised therein to upgrade several firmware/software items. After the upgrade, the bird would not even start the motors. According to DJI Support this is a common problem they are working on at this time. They hope to have a fix in the next day or so. good luck out there!
Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if it has already been mentioned but I just noticed that DJI have made Assistant Software 2.00 available for download again and Assistant Software 2.00 no longer let you to update to 3.0 firmware even though it still advise you to do so using Assistant Software 3.0.

Mads

After 68 min wait, I spoke to DJI and was informed that my Flipping Out problem is a version 3 software problem. BEWARE! DO NOT UPDATE. They have no fix for this so far. Now I have a $1200 piece of flippin plastic I'm looking at!

I just tried to down grade to Assistant 2....still flipping over. Does anyone know a way to down grade to 2 correctly?

Did you uninstall pv2 ver 3 and reboot before trying to load 2.0?

I would also reload the old App as well

It is really sad we are used to beta test their updates ..... What a POS company ...... " yeah we know its a bug" how come you released it without sufficient testing to find this and worse yet why did it take this long to back it back till you fix all the issues your customers are experiencing? But as we see they have a long line if beta testers lining up for the plus when they still are in a beta testing mode on a 5 month old model. This is a classic case of defining insanity... Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results??????

I will never update again .... Not even once....

Why anyone would want that limiting fw is beyond me, I'm sure people selling the P2V with the version 2 fw can get a better price...

JimDE said:
Did you uninstall pv2 ver 3 and reboot before trying to load 2.0?

I would also reload the old App as well

It is really sad we are used to beta test their updates ..... What a POS company ...... " yeah we know its a bug" how come you released it without sufficient testing to find this and worse yet why did it take this long to back it back till you fix all the issues your customers are experiencing? But as we see they have a long line if beta testers lining up for the plus when they still are in a beta testing mode on a 5 month old model. This is a classic case of defining insanity... Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results??????

I will never update again .... Not even once....

If it ain't broke don't fix it. I'm on the latest pre 3.0 firmware and will be staying that way indefinately

Migmon, beta testing with products in customers hands that can fall 400' on top of people and property is a lot different than a Nikon firmware update on a dSLR. I highly doubt Boeing or McDonnell Douglas beta test their aircraft firmwares in the field with 300 customers on a plane.

I have been retired for going on 7 years but while I was there and involved with new product R&D we evaluated everything for years before pilot testing a product.

If someone gets hurt due to a faulty software update DJI best prepare for civil suits or criminal charges. Foreign company or not actions can be taken.

I updated using Assistant 3.0. What updated? Was it just the Autopilot to Version 3.0 and the central board to V1.0.1.25 ?

If I go back to Assistant 2.0, is there a way to go back to the previous versions of the autopilot and central board? Or am I hosed?

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj