BC20-4 Balance Charger Flashing Lights - Is this normal?

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thanks in advance for the help.

I'm getting solid red - flashing red alternating; see the attached video. I've had the phantom for nearly 6 months and I've never seen the charger blink like this. And it happens with both of my batteries. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuR723vJkxk[/youtube]

Thank you.

Hurricane

One of my chargers just started doing the same thing.

Did you learn anything about "WHY"?
Thanks

Looks like one of your cells on your lipo is no good. I have that problem too. The only reason I found out is because I had another balance charger that I used. Once the lipo 3s battery was supposedly fully charged, and put load into it as in fly it with my quad. It would only last me 1 minute flight. Right after the quick flight i checked my cells individually and my middle cell voltage was extremely low but my 1 and 3 cells were still good.

Last edited:
Looks like one of your cells on your lipo is no good. I have that problem too. The only reason I found out is because I had another balance charger that I used. Once the lipo 3s battery was supposedly fully charged, and put load into it as in fly it with my quad. It would only last me 1 minute flight. Right after the quick flight i checked my cells individually and my middle cell voltage was extremely low but my 1 and 3 cells were still good.

Welcome to the party JH.
You will find some helpful links in my signature.

The battery is a 9 month old MultiStar 4000 10C in fairly good condition, just like the other 3 I have.
I have a voltage checker that checks each cell and they are all good.
Right now the battery is at 11.6 volts. cell 1= 3.85, 2= 3.88, 3= 3.87
That is about where it was 12 days ago.

I had just flown with the battery, a few hours earlier and it performed normally.
Thanks for taking a stab at it though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic