BBC watchdog

Reaction score
Next episode of BBC watchdog is covering drones and is ready to pull them apart from reporting on them crashing , spying on people and basically being a pain in the arse , I think this program is going to make flying our drones in the UK even more unpopular, I am sick of all the negativity around drones, I am thinking of selling mine as I feel like a criminal or a pervy spy every time I fly it now

Thought I was alone on this- not had a flight this year. Been out to the field a few times, but got an uneasy feeling and packed up and went home every time.

Next episode of BBC watchdog is covering drones and is ready to pull them apart from reporting on them crashing , spying on people and basically being a pain in the arse , I think this program is going to make flying our drones in the UK even more unpopular, I am sick of all the negativity around drones, I am thinking of selling mine as I feel like a criminal or a pervy spy every time I fly it now
It's a bit early to speculate on the content of the programme -(unless you have inside information)- as it isn't being broadcast until the 19th of this month.
Also, remember that they invite viewers to text in with any comments regarding the content of the programme, so there's a chance to fight back if it's too negative.

When I fly locally, the vast majority of people who've approached me are just interested in seeing what it is, and I always show them what can be seen on the screen. So far, I've not had anyone accusing me of spying or "perving"!

Since the media has such a big impact on what us common people believe, I think it should be mandatory for them to have to USE every product that they report on! I bet we'd get a LOT of converts that way!! :D

PLOT TWIST:

Major Media outlsets including the BBC (news & documentaries) have been using drones much like our Phantoms/inspires for aerial footage for a while now.

Sounds ironic that they perhaps might take a negative view towards 'drones' - a name that i have since come to loath...

Most people are still not familiar with the capabilities of modern UAVs, this program should be about education, not indoctrination

Absolutely stargater07 - nearly every documentary type programme has footage captured using these. Incredible to think they skate them , when producers use them all the time. Bad news is good news (oddly enough)

Judge, jury and executioner without a hearing? Who is the pain in the arse here at this point?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Y'all are crazy if you think anything [like this drivel laden 'story'] is going to stop drone technology and use in the future, Crazy!

I think it's sad... and an overreaction (IMO) to sell your drone just because they are getting some bad press. I think the more of us who fly responsibly and are ambassadors for the hobby the better. If we just give up... the media driven frenzy wins... and that's just stupid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic