Batumi and tbilisi drone laws

Reaction score
Hello, i am travelling to batumi and tbilisi next month and i need to know if i can take with me my dgi phantome 3 advanced there without any problem with custom... anyone can help me

Google is wonderful and i checked before asking here and saw this link... but the question is if in the custom when entering georgia they will let.me enter with the drone??

Man i checked this link ... and as i understand that it is allowed but u need to register the drone first and they didnt mention if i am bringing with me the drone they will let me pass in the custom or they will take the drone from me because it is not allowed without registering the drone there.

Be prepared that being an Ex Soviet State ... (I have lived in Former Soviet Union for near 25yrs now) .... interpretation of Customs / Immigration Rules will largely depend on the Individual and how he reacts to YOU ...

One thing they hate - is someone knowing more than they do ... they also will apply the rules as THEY see fit ...

But as long as you comply with the rules, be respectful and courteous, don't argue ... they generally let things pass without trouble.

Nigel

I'd also call the Georgian Embassy in your country, not to be a smarta@@ at customs, but to enable you to find out more info to comply with their rules. As Nigel said, countries of the former SU can be difficult, but no more so than many others.

So i have no official document to defend if they did not let me pass the drone in the custom...either i called the embassy and they dont know also about the drone rules they told me they will ask and will reply to me but till nw i dont have any answer from them. It is complicated :/

I'd also call the Georgian Embassy in your country, not to be a smarta@@ at customs, but to enable you to find out more info to comply with their rules. As Nigel said, countries of the former SU can be difficult, but no more so than many others.

Not to upset anyone - but I have had more trouble getting through US Officials than many other places ... in fact I was arrested one time when flew into Washington ...

They said my ESTA wasn't valid with the Passport I had ... (Pre Biometric) ... so refused me entry ... then said I would be deported back to origin !
I asked if I could sort a visa ...
Reply : No because Visas are not issued on US soil ...
I replied : But Maam - I am not in USA yet - I am in no-mans land ... behind me is technically where I came from - over that line there is USA ... so can I have a word with Supervisor - see if any way round this ?

Supervisor arrived ... took my passport and myself to detention office ...

I was fined $60 for entry without valid Visa ... Airline was fined $3000 for flying me there ... (note that Dept of HOmeland Security was at departure airport gate checked all passports including mine and no mention of problem !).

Supervisor called for my bags ... then told me I had 10 days entry to USA ...

Passport was stamped "Paroled" and entry to US Immigration Computer !

I only needed about 5 days anyway - over-seeing delivery of 100,000 tonnes of Fuel to Gulf of Mexico ports ...

I know - nothing to do with ბათუმი

Nigel

Reactions: Numone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4