Battery's

Reaction score
I'll use my battery's and they are say half dead or almost fully dead. I'll decide I might go for a flight today so I charge them up. Then It turns out to be a bad day to fly so my battery's dis-charge themselves/itself. Am I killing or renewing them?

Sent from my SM-T350 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you leave your batteries fully charged for a week on occasion it's no big deal, just don't do it all the time. If you discharge your battery every time this still counts as a cycle. I fly my batteries down to 20% (most of the time) and once cool I charge to storage level (50%) with the dji hub, on fly day I charge to 100%. If I can't fly that day I will leave them as they will auto discharge in 10 days and I usually fly before that. The last battery I checked had 39 charges and 96% battery life. Don't leave your batteries fully discharged ever, lipo's don't like that.

I use a Phantom Angel to discharge my batteries to the optimum level. It's a fantastic piece of kit. Once they drop to two LED's I then top them up to three LED's and use the PA to bring them back down to the correct storage level. I keep a record of the number of cycles they've had and their capacities and I'm using the newest batteries to bring them all in line and will then just rotate them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj