Battery

Reaction score
Has anyone took a gamble on a extra spare battery from eBay for a standard 3 phantom? I'm looking for one. I see some that look the same but some numbers differ

I have this for my phantom 3 advanced and no issues at all with it. I even done a video review of it on YouTube.

d695fa42a51e2e4a662ce340240f62a8.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there anything it doesn't do compared to the OE battery?

I think my biggest concern with 3rd party batteries would be future updates relating to battery and/or Phantom itself and whether or not the "intelligent" battery would be compatible to the updates.

DJI has been known to chnage the battery firmware so that non-DJI batteries will not work. Also, you _never_ know the quality of the batteries bought from 3rd parties as you can't know where they are getting each batch from. Lastly, if something goes wrong and you seek coverage under warranty, there is a good possibility that DJI may not honor the warranty if you use a 3rd party battery. Yes, you can save about $20 per battery. You gamble all of that for about $20.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Has anyone took a gamble on a extra spare battery from eBay for a standard 3 phantom?
There are some authorized DJI dealers selling OEM DJI batteries on eBay. For example, here.

Reactions: Vzr1
I wouldn't gamble on a knock off
Be patient. Plenty of good deals here on new and used batteries
I just got one for $70 shipped and only shows 1 charge cycle.
Thunderdrones has some for $69

The problem with non OEM is you don't necessarily know what you're going to get. The battery could be filled with soda pop for all you know. Obviously the safe strategy is to buy OEM. If you are tempted to buy non OEM, then it would be wise to only consider one from a manufacturer who has an established reputation (i.e. good reviews). Then measure risk/reward.

Re eBay (and Amazon for that matter), you have to be careful. Some sellers will claim their battery is OEM when it is not. Sometimes the battery in the listing photo and/or the battery you receive will look (almost) exactly like OEM, but it is not. It's not always easy to tell the difference. Sometimes the battery you receive will look different than the battery in the listing photo, which is a bait and switch, and you should almost certainly return it.

Re eBay (and Amazon for that matter), you have to be careful. Some sellers will claim their battery is OEM when it is not.
There are authorized DJI dealers selling batteries on both eBay and Amazon. Buy from them and this will not be an issue since they don't sell knock off batteries.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Not cheap $156 AU
It's a lot cheaper than DJI's price though. DJI is selling them for $149 USD ($196 AU).

I'm guessing that might be true for anything purchased from DJI in Australia. In the US, purchases over $99 USD are shipped for free.

At the moment I am keeping a check on the battery life itself, it seems to be doing really well and I personally am happy to go ahead and use the 3rd party version. The guy who sold it to me is a big company and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to lose customers or get complaints or even sued for dodgy batteries. I always tend to go for unknown names when it comes to electronics and so far no issues. Even my phone is more powerful then the iPhone 5 and yet only costs £115. Sometimes you have to take the risk, I'm not one of the people that follows the crowed. And as I said before.... Most people on this forum who have had drone problems are actually using OEM stock. So to me personally... Just because it's official doesn't mean to say it's perfect. And as you can see on this forum.... Problems do happen

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.