Battery

Reaction score
New to the forum and new to drones. Have Phantom 3 4K. Bought two extra batteries from Powerextra. Both batteries perform exactly as the DJI battery that came with drone. Same flight time on all three 20-23 min. Question: In DJI Go app when I click on batt status, then advance setting It shows (cell broken). While flying I get no warnings or anything indicating a problem. I have also monitored the batt voltage while flying from full charge down to 30% or less and voltage in each cell shows the same. Do I have a problem or is the Phantom just recongnizing an after market battery. Thanks for any comments.

This is going to Beeeee very interesting to see all the answers....some will say this and that and others will say that n this is why !...and ive read if you crash because of a battery related issue during the warranty period..Dji wont repair it if its had a AFTER MARKET BATTERY IN THE CRASH FLIGHT !...Now its time for many more answers LOL

My power extra says the same , Phantom Standard here , it's due to firmware , shipped with firmware for the P3A , P3P , my Standard does like that firmware on the battery , flies fine , actually second battery from Powerextra sent first back for same reason , long back and forth emails with Powerextra , got second battery free , they say it's a firmware mismatch , they only put P3A , P3P firmware on their batteries .

Reactions: David_Cambridge
Thanks to all of you for helping answer my battery question. I'm going to monitor the voltage really close on the Powerextra batteries for a few more flights and see it all cells remain constant in voltage. Please, anyone else with any advice would be appreciated.

I have a power extra battery as well, and it’s on its 6th charge. No signs of any issues with it yet. Reads as the OEM battery. Same flight time the ONLY differences is the dim LEDs they use, and it’s a little tricky to turn on and off. Not bad just not as fluent as turning on and off the OEM battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik