Battery won't self-discharge

Reaction score
I have a new P3P and both the battery it came with and the extra battery I purchased with it won't self-discharge. I previously had a P3S that didn't not have this problem. I've updated all firmware and have even changed the self-discharge interval to 3 days but it still won't self-discharge. Any help or insight will be appreciated.

What exactly are you doing to check if it's self-discharging?

What exactly are you doing to check if it's self-discharging?

After 10 days or so, I will check the battery by pressing the battery button. I have also noticed though when I fire up the bird, after 10 days or so, it will be around 90%.

Are you sure they are still set to 3 days? The time period is reset back to 10-days when installing new battery firmware.

I've found that if you touch the button to "verify" the battery status it resets the internal clock over to zero so you'd have to wait at least 4 days before testing.

I've found that if you touch the button to "verify" the battery status it resets the internal clock over to zero so you'd have to wait at least 4 days before testing.
True, but the OP said he didn't touch the battery button for at least 10 days. This is the first I've ever heard of the discharge feature not working properly. And, for it to not work on two batteries is even stranger.

True, but the OP said he didn't touch the battery button for at least 10 days. This is the first I've ever heard of the discharge feature not working properly. And, for it to not work on two batteries is even stranger.
I got delayed in hitting "Post" for my response and it caused his answer to come out before my reply LOL! That's what I get for surfing and posting at work :)

Reactions: msinger
Does anyone know, once the discharge starts to occur, and assuming you don't touch the button on the battery, over what period of time does it take the battery to discharge to 50%, where I presume the battery stops discharging? Does the discharge happen over 24hrs? This would be good to know to insure our battery "smarts" haven't been compromised with new F/W, in this regard, auto-discharge.

Does anyone know, once the discharge starts to occur, and assuming you don't touch the button on the battery, over what period of time does it take the battery to discharge to 50%
About two days (assuming the battery is at 100%). When the process completes, the battery level should be close to 60%.

About two days (assuming the battery is at 100%). When the process completes, the battery level should be close to 60%.
Thank much mSinger, I've always wondered this. I've never seen auto discharge take effect yet, but now that winter is here I will be flying less, so I might see it happen. I've started to not charge my batteries after flight since the holidays (family stuff), short days, and weather has impacted things a bit, even here in California. However I do leave a couple charged ready to go on a moments notice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj