Battery wont go in after shell swap.

Reaction score
Like the title states, I cant get my battery to slide in and "lock" like it did before. I had a friend do my shell swap for me and he said everything went together fine. I attached some pics and if anyone could look at them to see if anything looks off.

I also added a pic of the stress cracks my bird had and how bad they were! You be the judge! Lol.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 405
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 434
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    714.4 KB · Views: 442
Look in the battery box at the back and see if any cables are keeping it from seating..have had that issue.. or loosen the shell screws a tad and see if you can get it to seat then retighten them .
Has always been trial and error from my swapping shells and what I would try .
Good luck and do tell us what does work .

Look in the battery box at the back and see if any cables are keeping it from seating..have had that issue.. or loosen the shell screws a tad and see if you can get it to seat then retighten them .
Has always been trail and error from my swapping shells and what I would try .
Good luck and do tell us what does work .
Will try when I get off of work! Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: dirkclod
The top of the battery compartment looks concaved from your picture. Is that where it is hanging up at?

I compared your pictures to my P3S and it does look like your battery tray is off camber (askew).
It appears the left side of the battery tray is not flush (see red circle in attached picture).
There is no gap on mine like the gap circled in the picture.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
I dont know if is my imagination but the battery holder looks slighty askew and not a flush fit?
definitely looks odd shaped and out of square to me also but sometimes cameras will create that if the picture isn't looking perfectly down the opening
Its going all the way up to where it has to snap in. Maybe like the last 2 or 3 mm.
is this a factory replacement or aftermarket shell and same for the battery ?

definitely looks odd shaped and out of square to me also but sometimes cameras will create that if the picture isn't looking perfectly down the opening

is this a factory replacement or aftermarket shell and same for the battery ?

This was a factory shell from DJI. About to post pics of results.

Here they are!

There was a bolt put in the wrong spot. One that holds the metal piece that holds the gimbal to the bird. You can see it in the pics at the back of the battery tray on the bottom left. Switched them out and battery slid in fine. And got the reinforcement plates on.

First Pic, is how far that the battery wouldnt go in.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    664 KB · Views: 301
  • image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 252
  • image3 (1).JPG
    image3 (1).JPG
    656.3 KB · Views: 337
  • image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    927.8 KB · Views: 320
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
Reactions: dirkclod
Here they are!

There was a bolt put in the wrong spot. One that holds the metal piece that holds the gimbal to the bird. You can see it in the pics at the back of the battery tray on the bottom left. Switched them out and battery slid in fine. And got the reinforcement plates on.

First Pic, is how far that the battery wouldnt go in.
Nice glad you got it sorted out. I also installed the plates on mine so far after a couple months no new cracks. I did order a new body gonna reinforce the inside around the motor mounting with lay up resin and Kevlar or carbon fiber cloth and swap everything over to the new body. will post the process as I do it for others to follow. will be cheap and no more weight then adding the plates. My drone doesn't even know those plates are on it though, I get same run time as before the install.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers