Battery Warranty

Reaction score
Hi all,
wondering if you could tell me if the following is normal procedure for LIPO battery problems. I got my new FC40 from Quadcopters.co.uk. Arrived next day to Scottish Highlands. Took a couple of days to get it flying (Helped in large part from this site). After 6 or 7 days of problem free flying, 2 flights a day the back light on the copter started flashing red persistently. I recharged the batteries thinking I must have forgotten to charge them but the problem persisted. I did a simple voltage check which showed 10.4V after charging (Which had only taken 5 mins until charger flashed balanced and charged). I figured battery problem and emailed Quadcopters - No reply after a week.

I called them today and they said likley because I have misused/ Mischarged the battery that there is a dead cell, in which case they say there is no warranty cover. Is this true? I most often waited until the first flashing red light and quickly landed. The battery was usually warm but not hot. I would then charge it once cooled and use it again or remove it from charger and leave it overnight (I since realise it should be left around 50% charged but surely 7 days of this use wouldn't be enough to ruin it?).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Fireland said:
Hi all,
wondering if you could tell me if the following is normal procedure for LIPO battery problems. I got my new FC40 from Quadcopters.co.uk. Arrived next day to Scottish Highlands. Took a couple of days to get it flying (Helped in large part from this site). After 6 or 7 days of problem free flying, 2 flights a day the back light on the copter started flashing red persistently. I recharged the batteries thinking I must have forgotten to charge them but the problem persisted. I did a simple voltage check which showed 10.4V after charging (Which had only taken 5 mins until charger flashed balanced and charged). I figured battery problem and emailed Quadcopters - No reply after a week.

I called them today and they said likley because I have misused/ Mischarged the battery that there is a dead cell, in which case they say there is no warranty cover. Is this true? I most often waited until the first flashing red light and quickly landed. The battery was usually warm but not hot. I would then charge it once cooled and use it again or remove it from charger and leave it overnight (I since realise it should be left around 50% charged but surely 7 days of this use wouldn't be enough to ruin it?).

Thanks for any thoughts.

Seems like you have a voltmeter. You can check each cell voltage from the balance connector to see if one of the cells is indeed bad. Could also be a charger issue.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try DJI directly then. Can I use a regular voltmeter on the controller cable? I thought I needed a special one. Cheers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.