Battery warning lights

Reaction score
On the Phantom 2 (Non-vision) any average time remaining when aft lights turn red steady, and then red flash before autoland? I am doing a lot of overwater flight so...love to know what everyone is getting on red light times. Thanks in advance!

Wow. I can't even.

That said, I'll try . . . .
You'll get a flash warning at 30%. You'll be okay to have full control after that. A second warning will happen after that at 15%. If i recall correctly, it will start descending on its own which you can combat with up throttle but at that point you don't have much time left.

These are default settings. You can change the thresholds in the software.

RTFM might help.

#engrish

With my setup and firmware 2.0 I get the first warn at 30% and the second at 15% followed shortly thereafter by Autolanding...
Total flight time for my particular setup is about 17.5 minutes.

poostik said:
Wow. I can't even.

That said, I'll try . . . .
You'll get a flash warning at 30%. You'll be okay to have full control after that. A second warning will happen after that at 15%. If i recall correctly, it will start descending on its own which you can combat with up throttle but at that point you don't have much time left.

These are default settings. You can change the thresholds in the software.

RTFM might help.

#engrish

This.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I'm flying p2z with 250mw and iosd mini with average flight time of ~17 minutes. After the first battery warning I generally have 4 minutes of flight before the 2nd warning and it tries to come down on its own. Although you can still throttle it up and limp it some more, my moto is better safe than sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get 4-4½ mins after that first red flash starts. Once it gets to 15% and starts it's descent I have less than 10 seconds before the power reduces to below the required lift.

If you are flying over water it's better to be safe than sorry, once you hit that 30% red flash, return and land as soon as possible. Is it worth risking your expensive P2 for just a couple of extra mins?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20