Battery warmer?

Reaction score
As the weather is now getting close on freezing point here in the UK, I have been thinking of ways to keep my flight batteries warm until needed. I was thinking of putting a hot water bottle covered with a towel in an insulated bag with the batteries on top. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?

As long as you can ensure it doesn't leak.....
Personally I've started keeping them either in the flight case, after all its packed with insulating foam (case open at indoor temp with batteries loose before departure), or utilise inside coat pockets. So far they don't seem to chill before use.

I've been sliding a hand warmer between the battery and the foam on the backpack. I just activate the hand warmer before I leave the house. Went on a 2 hour trip last weekend and shot stills for 1 1/2 hours before I got the P3P out. The batteries were ready to go with an outside temp of 15F. If I get a chance today I will be flying it at 0F (or close to it).

I also use hand warmers on the back of my iPhone 6, which I am using for now. I have not had any issues with it in the cold. But with the reports I've read I decided to get an iPhone 6+ case, put 2 hand warmers in it, and my iPhone 6 on top. No issues so far. But I will be getting a dedicated tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
As the weather is now getting close on freezing point here in the UK, I have been thinking of ways to keep my flight batteries warm until needed. I was thinking of putting a hot water bottle covered with a towel in an insulated bag with the batteries on top. Does anyone see a problem with this idea?
Just stick it down your pants till it time to takeoff

Reactions: ukglyn and CCDD
Plenty of room for batterys and more

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 301
A time or two I've placed my batteries on the rear headed seats with a heavy blanket over em. Then they keep their warmth for along time in my foam case.

You could also get a 12v heating pad. Or a small cooler with one of them "zippo" hand warmers.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj