Battery voltage setting?

Reaction score
I'm very confused as to what the best battery voltage protection settings to use in the Naza assistant software.
What are others using and having decent flight times with? I think my settings are way too high as I get the flashing red light within a minute of taking off, and I am using a good quality, fully charged battery. It is a High Sierra 3S 2200mAH 35C/45c Burst.
Can someone give me their settings that they are happy with? My settings are below.
Thanks for any and all help!

Attachments

• voltage.png
    voltage.png
    36 KB · Views: 2,411
allenj said:
I'm very confused as to what the best battery voltage protection settings to use in the Naza assistant software.
What are others using and having decent flight times with? I think my settings are way too high as I get the flashing red light within a minute of taking off, and I am using a good quality, fully charged battery. It is a High Sierra 3S 2200mAH 35C/45c Burst.
Can someone give me their settings that they are happy with? My settings are below.
Thanks for any and all help!

Where is your loss value? It is supposed to be around 0,60 for both alarms.
I've set mine to 11,10V and 10,90V and getting 11/12 minutes out of 2200 batteries. In the end I can recharge 1100+ mha so it might be a little too much (I'm thinking about going up to 11,20 for the first alarm)

If you use 1760 or more on each flight you are hurting your batterypacks, and they will not last as long as they could.
And you are also taking so much out that you could end up with a crash because the voltage will drop a lot very soon.

The rules for making LiPos last a long time is dont take out more than ca 1650 (75% of a 2200 pack) and
NEVER EVER take out more than 1760 which is 80%.
Also never come lower than 3.2V per cell during hard use (climbout) or ca 3.5-3.6V per cell when the flight is over.
If you stick to this basic rules your LiPos will last a lot longer, and you will not crash because your batterypack
ran out of juice.

I have set the timer on 9 minutes on my Phantom, and I am very close to 75-80% when I charge
the packs after use.

telecaster said:
If you use 1760 or more on each flight you are hurting your batterypacks, and they will not last as long as they could.
And you are also taking so much out that you could end up with a crash because the voltage will drop a lot very soon.

The rules for making LiPos last a long time is dont take out more than ca 1650 (75% of a 2200 pack) and
NEVER EVER take out more than 1760 which is 80%.
Also never come lower than 3.2V per cell during hard use (climbout) or ca 3.5-3.6V per cell when the flight is over.
If you stick to this basic rules your LiPos will last a lot longer, and you will not crash because your batterypack
ran out of juice.

I have set the timer on 9 minutes on my Phantom, and I am very close to 75-80% when I charge
the packs after use.

+1 Good answer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31