Battery Voltage Indicator / Warning

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered, and i'm sure someone must have thought of this already, but here goes...

Instead of the usual flashing LED to tell me when the voltage drops below a certain point, and then auto-landing when it drops below the 2nd level protection, why not allow the user to program via the naza software what to do when these events occur?

I know for sure instead of LED flashing warning for 1st level, i would set it to enter failsafe (RTH) mode (instead of flashing a light for a while then auto-desending wherever the phantom may be at this time).

It seems weird why hasn't this already been requested by someone / or added as a feature in the naza software by DJI, unless of course DJI want you to lose / damage your phantom in the hopes that you will buy another / spare parts?

If DJI wont make the option available, maybe someone with the required know-how could create the custom firmware? As I see it, everything is already there for this to work (1st and 2nd level warnings already trigger actions within the flight controller, 1st level is flash LED, then 2nd level is auto-descend) these could be replaced for configurable options / flight modes already available on the phantom. (i.e. failsafe)

Anyone agree?

Thanks,

Dave

That exact option exists in DJI's Wookong Flight Controller:

cNDKt3Jl.jpg

You're free to speculate to your heart's content on why it's not in the NAZA

Looks like i'll need to be contacting DJI then....

So this isn't just a stupid idea, it's already a feature found on DJI's (more expensive?) FC....

Thanks

But the Phantom models are the ones that put them on the map and keeps them going, so it would be wise idea to include and remove some of the negatives. I mean you need a timer beside you to fly them unless you buy the expensive vision.

davemcm said:
(more expensive?)

Correct, about 2.5x the price of a NAZA.

I'd be surprised if there were actual hardware limitations in the NAZA that prevented use of this feature, my guess is that either it saved them a few Yuan to not include it, or they wanted to reserve it as a "premium" feature.

i'd be very surprised if it was limited because of hardware too, 99% certain this could be a achieved with a software tweak.

I'll try contacting DJI and if no joy (which i expect) i'll maybe try and have a look at the firmware myself

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub