P3 Firmware Battery Update - Constant red flashing LED

Reaction score
I just got a new P3 battery. I put the 1.06 firmware update file (.bin) on an SD card and into the P3. Inserted the battery. Powered it up to update the battery's firmware. The P3 has been on 1.06 (along with my other battery) since it was released.

The red flashing has been going on for over an hour and 10 minutes. That does NOT seem right. One thing I may have done wrong...

Instead of using the 16GB SD card that came with it, I put the update .bin file on a 2GB SD card I had laying around. I did format it first. It is in the root directory and it is the ONLY thing on the SD card.

What should I do? Should I shut it down and try again with the .bin file on the 16GB card?

I have read/heard that shutting down during an update can e catastrophic. But, I am thinking that the constant flashing red might mean the update is not even happening.

Help??????

Disregard. I decided to power down and put the 16GB card in with the .bin file. That did it. I guess that 2GB card was an old non-compatible one or something.

All good, now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair