Battery Temperature?

Reaction score
I've just been reading a post where it is stated that 55 degrees C is very hot for a P4 battery.
My P3P battery runs and has always run at 50 - 55C according to Air Data.
All 3 batteries run the same temp.
Is this a bad thing?

I've just been reading a post where it is stated that 55 degrees C is very hot for a P4 battery.
I am guessing that I know the post you are referencing. 55C is very hot, however this does not mean it is too hot. If I am correct in the post you mentioned this was stated there. It was the long duration of current draw that raised the temp. Under normal circumstances you will be ok, but don't push much more than that, in a 41F environment.

50C is abit hot but I've seen my P3 batteries get that hot on a warm day under serious load. Agreed with @Fly Dawg on the post you read but that was an unusual issue with a very high current draw due to faulty battery contacts.

I am guessing that I know the post you are referencing. 55C is very hot, however this does not mean it is too hot. If I am correct in the post you mentioned this was stated there. It was the long duration of current draw that raised the temp. Under normal circumstances you will be ok, but don't push much more than that, in a 41F environment.

Thanks guys
The temp here is closer to 35C than 41F

If the lipo is hot enough to be uncomfortable in the hand that you do not want to hold for long - its too hot. If its very warm and but not uncomfortable to hold - its being worked hard and may start to degrade quicker.

As a lipo user with many (over 60 models) .... I go by what my hands and eyes show me as well as flight time.

Reactions: Phill2
If the lipo is hot enough to be uncomfortable in the hand that you do not want to hold for long - its too hot. If its very warm and but not uncomfortable to hold - its being worked hard and may start to degrade quicker.

As a lipo user with many (over 60 models) .... I go by what my hands and eyes show me as well as flight time.

Thanks for that .
They come out warm but not uncomfortably so.

I did use the p4p batt in my p4 for better flight times but long flight create lots of heat,I cut short for this reason ,no longer than 20min max,price was same on batt that why I changed but power was good,,,anyway to hot inside the soldering might drop off lol,(they almost need some airducting like a Nascar to keep cool

Reactions: Phill2
We expect our lipo's to work whatever 'crap' we dish out to them. We close them up inside model fuselages ... battery slots ..... high rate charge them .... subject them to high rate discharge .... too lazy sometimes to return unused to storage charge levels ....

And we wonder why we need buy new !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20