Battery storage clarification?

SMD

Reaction score
Just heading out for my 5th flight with the P3 Professional. I'm a newbie but I've been watching tutorials and online videos for weeks. I'm hooked, lol.

I currently have three batteries. Following suggestions I'm running-down each one to 50% for the first 10 cycles and then down to 30%. I live in an apartment building so I'm being extra careful about the batteries. Couple of questions:

1. Can I safely store my batteries, at around 50% (that would be after I come back from flying) in a Go Professional Case (GPC-DJI-Plus-3)? I'd like to be able to keep the case closed.
2. From what I understand the auto discharge only takes the batteries down to about 65% so can I assume if I'm already under that number that the batteries would be much safer because they won't create heat from the discharging process?

Any other suggestions?
Cheers,
S

Can I safely store my batteries, at around 50% (that would be after I come back from flying) in a Go Professional Case (GPC-DJI-Plus-3)? I'd like to be able to keep the case closed.
I've always done this and never had a problem.

I've always done this and never had a problem.
So If I store the batteries without recharging is that really the key to managing them? So many nightmare stories out there. Thanks.

Reactions: CCDD
Thank you.

is there a way to continue a mission after changing the battery with ugcs 2.70 or do you have to start a new mission every time just wandering thanks

is there a way to continue a mission after changing the battery with ugcs 2.70 or do you have to start a new mission every time just wandering thanks
Answered in your other thread.

Try to avoid doubling posting the same question in multiple locations on the forum. People will answer. Just be patient.

Just finished my 5th flight. Again I used the batteries to 50%. Oddly, prior to take off, I checked the batteries in the app and it said each had only been used 2 times when in fact I used each four times. Maybe this is the app somehow determining that since I only drained them half way, four times, that equals to two full charges? Should I go by what the app says in terms of waiting for 10 uses before I can go down to 30% OR go by the number of times I know I used them?

The app is correct. If you fly to 50% then charge, and do the same again that is considered one cycle even though you had it on the charger twice. In theory you could have it on the charger several times before you reach 1 cycle, if they were short flights and you charged each time

Reactions: SMD
Well worth getting some lipo guard bags for storing/transporting lipos.

They are silver bags with fire proof lining and cost a few dollars on ebay. The 23cm x 18cm size have plenty of space for smart battery.

The risk is very low but if a lipo does go up you at least are isolating it so it doesn't light up everything else in the case. I use them for charging also.

The app is correct. If you fly to 50% then charge, and do the same again that is considered one cycle even though you had it on the charger twice. In theory you could have it on the charger several times before you reach 1 cycle, if they were short flights and you charged each time
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20