Battery Screen in Go Display unbalanced cells?

Reaction score
I realize the screen will display voltages, but will it indicate/flag any cell out of specs? Such as coloring offending cell red?
Thanks

The main screen of DJI GO does not show the individual battery cell levels. However, you can find that information in the "Aircraft Battery" section of DJI GO.

The voltage displayed under the % if you tick the box of course - is the average of the cells.

As msinger posts - go into the menu and battery section to see each cell as reported via telemetry.

If a cell does get outside limits set in the FW / GO - then you get a warning ... but that's it.

Nigel

Ac
The voltage displayed under the % if you tick the box of course - is the average of the cells.

As msinger posts - go into the menu and battery section to see each cell as reported via telemetry.

If a cell does get outside limits set in the FW / GO - then you get a warning ... but that's it.

Nigel
Actually I meant the battery screen. Any idea what the outside limits the firmware alerts for? Alert on main screen or the battery page?
Thanks guys/girls?

I realize the screen will display voltages, but will it indicate/flag any cell out of specs? Such as coloring offending cell red?
Thanks

You may wish to look at Airdata/UAV (formerly Healthy Drones). You can open a free account. Following is a sample of the Power screen.

upload_2017-11-26_14-44-56.png

Ac

Nigel
Actually I meant the battery screen. Any idea what the outside limits the firmware alerts for? Alert on main screen or the battery page?
Thanks guys/girls?
You may wish to look at Airdata/UAV (formerly Healthy Drones). You can open a free account. Following is a sample of the Power screen.

View attachment 91371
Thanks, I do use that, but my freind is s new user and is buying an aftermarket battery and I want to give him some in flight insight into potential battery issues.

Ac

Thanks guys/girls?

Thanks, I do use that, but my freind is s new user and is buying an aftermarket battery and I want to give him some in flight insight into potential battery issues.

10-4. I personally avoid the aftermarket batts. Too risky. I've heard good and bad. With my luck I'll get the bad. I'm not messing with anything that would give DJI an excuse not to honor any warranty or DJI Care claims.

Ac

Thanks guys/girls?

Issues of what ?

A great many people use aftermarket batterys .... its only a few that have problems and to be honest when you read the some of the posts on them - you wonder what the person is doing ! Its easy to blame the 'tools' instead of the 'user'.

There's a lot of b*******s talked about 'other batterys' ..... some of it is just plain laughable ...

I personally know 10 P3's .... accounting for about 30 batterys including mine ... of those 10 are DJI ... as bought with the P3 ... rest are non DJI and all are fine ... no different at all in use.

Nigel

Reactions: cuzzy1 and Neon Euc
My friend is a "balls to the walls" newbie. Just looking for some baseline input for him to monitor batteries; OEM and otherwise. Which brings up my question, what would be the minimum cell voltage one would arrive at to begin seriously thinking about ending flight depending on distance etc from home? i.e storage voltage vs minimum inflight voltage. I've been using 3.7 or 3.8 for storage for my winged aircraft batteries. .

what would be the minimum cell voltage one would arrive at to begin seriously thinking about ending flight depending on distance etc from home?
It really depends on the temperature outside, the strength of the wind, and the height/distance of the Phantom. Every flight is different, so there really is no specific cell voltage one should look for before thinking about returning to the home point.

The battery level indicator at the top of DJI GO (see the screenshot below) can be used to help estimate a good time to start heading back to the home point. When the bar reaches the "H", you should consider heading back. This feature would not take into account a strong headwind on the way back to the home point. So, you should turn back sooner in cases where you know you'll be burning more battery power than usual on the way back home.

IMG_0043.jpg

Check out this post for some information on monitoring the battery voltage.

My friend is a "balls to the walls" newbie. Just looking for some baseline input for him to monitor batteries; OEM and otherwise. Which brings up my question, what would be the minimum cell voltage one would arrive at to begin seriously thinking about ending flight depending on distance etc from home? i.e storage voltage vs minimum inflight voltage. I've been using 3.7 or 3.8 for storage for my winged aircraft batteries. .

As "msinger" says - the battery line on GO shows the H and Critical points on the line and H point varies depending on straight line distance to home. IMHO - you should never push far enough that you hit H to turn back to home ... you should be on way back well before that.

Storage - yes all LiPo's as you state are good for 3.7 - 3.8V ... that's spot on the sweet spot. Regardless of DJI or not - 3.75V is excellent. Trouble is DJI batterys do not fully stop discharging until they hit Hibernation ... so to avoid that its good to charge up to reasonable level once a month or so ... and let auto discharge do its job.

For example my 'system' for my DJI packs ... (based like you on general LiPo usage ... I currently have LiPo's from 1S up to 6S in sizes from 100 up to 6000mAh).

Charge up to full and have Auto Discharge set at 3 days.

If I don't fly immediately - but next day or later - I switch on battery and top-up charge for flight. I usually land with 30 - 35% still in battery, that is fine for storage as battery rests and recovers to about 40%.
If I am not going to fly for a while - I leave as is and just periodically check levels. As long as I have 1 +1flashing or 2 LED's - I'm fine. If I have 1 LED - I then give a full charge and let it auto discharge again.

So lets say I don't fly for extended period - and battery sits from full going into auto discharging. That's fine - I let it do its job and every month or so check level and charge up to initiate auto discharge cycle again.
I do not like the idea of entering Hibernation mode.

That's my way ... seems to work as my batterys still perform well as when first used. That includes DJI and non DJI packs.

Others will of course have their ways ... we all believe we have the right way !

Nigel

Your advice sounds good. What about the charge cycles when you do not use the A/C. This reduces the battery life, yes?

Charge cycles went not using ? Its a trade-off, a few cycles to ensure battery's stay in good condition ?

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers