Battery run/flight time

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has noticed that the battery life is a lot less with the P2V+? I'm noticing I'm usually only getting like 14-15 minutes flight time now. Anyone else notice this?

My first flight I only got 6 mins flight time before the battery went red. 30% I think it was. Second flight I got 12:57 but I flew to 27% battery. My third flight I only got 12:47 and went to 13% battery. Doesn't seem right to me. Do the batteries have a break-in period?

jritchie said:
My first flight I only got 6 mins flight time before the battery went red. 30% I think it was. Second flight I got 12:57 but I flew to 27% battery. My third flight I only got 12:47 and went to 13% battery. Doesn't seem right to me. Do the batteries have a break-in period?

No break in that I know of. I have two brand new ones and they both gave me the 17+ on first run.

Edit: maybe you were flying the whole time at high speed? I would imagine at full speed mine would only last 10 mins.

WOW! Then I have a serious issue with mine then. No, I'm definitely not flying high speed. As a matter of fact I'm doing very little forward flight at all as I am still getting used to it. I only got up to 300' on my last flight as that's all I was comfortable with.

jritchie said:
WOW! Then I have a serious issue with mine then. No, I'm definitely not flying high speed. As a matter of fact I'm doing very little forward flight at all as I am still getting used to it. I only got up to 300' on my last flight as that's all I was comfortable with.

300 feet is nothing to sneeze at. But if I were to not fly around much I think I would get 20 minutes easy out of a battery. Maybe try draining it to 8% then fully charge?

I'm getting about 15 minutes, but I'm bringing it down and landing at 30% battery left.

I had bad experience with my A.R. Drone where it would run long until 30% and then drain the rest of the way in almost a minute and would auto land where ever it currently is. So for me its sort of habit to land at 30%. Usually right when I touch down and land the phone alarm goes off.

I am hearing a very slight metallic squeak when I fly by close. Does anyone else notice this? I'm wondering if maybe I have a dry bearing in one of the motors reducing my flight time. I'm going to try oiling the top bearings a tiny bit to see if that helps it. I really don't want to pull the motors to oil the bottom bearings if I don't have to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20