Battery removal is so trrrricky

Reaction score
Has anyone managed to extract their battery without grabbing the thing until your fingers ache and then pulling the lipo with such controlled aggression that the two seperate at less than 100mph?

Actually there is a very easy and safe way to remove the battery. It was on another post and had a video on YouTube showing how he did it. Basically you point the Phantom away from you and with both hands using Thumbs on top and fingers below the battery, squeeze the release, and use your wrists against the two phantom arms for leverage and pull the battery towards you. It will come out easy and very controlled. I'm sorry if my description does not make sense. I will try to find the video if you need me to.

Using two hands to grab the battery is... sorry...... i just can't resist.... the only way to fly!

So simple! Get an ear bud and some silicone lubricant. Apply to the runners within the body and on the indents on the battery.
Only a tiny amount and the battery comes out with ease.

Vippiggie said:
So simple! Get an ear bud and some silicone lubricant. Apply to the runners within the body and on the indents on the battery.
Only a tiny amount and the battery comes out with ease.

I don't think you want to lubricate the runners. This just makes it more likely to have the battery come lose, or lose power or data connections in flight during an abrupt maneuver etc. The method shown appears to work well and does not jeopardize the battery integrity.

John Shaw said:
I don't think you want to lubricate the runners. This just makes it more likely to have the battery come lose, or lose power or data connections in flight during an abrupt maneuver etc. The method shown appears to work well and does not jeopardize the battery integrity.

Yeah ... don't lubricate anything that has a good friction hold... better to have a good method to remove something that is a nice , tight , solid fit... then to have the entire weight of the battery relying on just the plastic clips in case of a tip over or hard smack on a solid surface... that tough grip on the battery is just extra added insurance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31