Battery recommendation ?

Reaction score
Cannot find the Mad dog 2700 in stock anywhere and no word on when more will be available. Any other suggestions or alternatives?

Of the 2700-2800mah I only have the Maddogs, but if you email them, Mark will let you know when they're coming back in stock (and will ping you when they do). People always point to the ebay batteries and say they'll report back when they get them, but I rarely hear from them afterwards :| I don't believe for a second that maddogs are the only game in town, but they remain one of the few with hard, quantitative data, so I'm sticking with them until something else is proven better/cheaper.

What kind of flight times are you getting with the Mad dogs with how much payload?

With the Lectrons 2700 I am getting a good 8:30 before first red warning light comes with 1250g payload
(P1 v1.2, Tarot gimbal, Gopro3 Black, FPV, P2V props)

idan_estee said:
What kind of flight times are you getting with the Mad dogs with how much payload?

With the Lectrons 2700 I am getting a good 8:30 before first red warning light comes with 1250g payload
(P1 v1.2, Tarot gimbal, Gopro3 Black, FPV, P2V props)

I have an almost identical setup (just a different gimbal), with a total weight of ~1260g, and I can get a touch over 10min when using the maddog 2700.

My setup is similar as well, but with a bit of weight carved off.

1 Maddog + tarot + gp3 + fpv + 9443s: 12 minutes (1071g)
2 Maddogs + tarot + gp3 + fpv + 9443s: 19-21min (1266g)

If you're getting 6.5 minutes of flight with a 2200, 8:30 is a good improvement with a 2800. You may want to check your voltages and see if you're leaving half a minute or more on the table by the time you land.

I like this guy for the Mad Dogs
Did not have them in stock when I purchased on ebay and gave me a refund for waiting and offered a total refund if I didn't want to wait , kept me posted throughout the process.

Merchant
Your Battery Buddy
[email protected]
817-995-1541

gbshovel said:
I like this guy for the Mad Dogs
Did not have them in stock when I purchased on ebay and gave me a refund for waiting and offered a total refund if I didn't want to wait , kept me posted throughout the process.

Merchant
Your Battery Buddy
[email protected]
817-995-1541

I agree.

He just wrote back also to me saying he will get re stock in a week.

ElGuano said:
My setup is similar as well, but with a bit of weight carved off.

1 Maddog + tarot + gp3 + fpv + 9443s: 12 minutes (1071g)
2 Maddogs + tarot + gp3 + fpv + 9443s: 19-21min (1266g)

If you're getting 6.5 minutes of flight with a 2200, 8:30 is a good improvement with a 2800. You may want to check your voltages and see if you're leaving half a minute or more on the table by the time you land.

Wow ElGuano, how did you keep your weight so low on the first setup? 1071g with gimbal, camera, fpv

idan_estee said:
Wow ElGuano, how did you keep your weight so low on the first setup? 1071g with gimbal, camera, fpv

I've pretty much done everything I can to keep the Phantom looking (mostly) stock while trimming weight from my mods, including

-combining dual batteries
-carving the shell to take larger batteries
-replacing the landing gear
-shaving the gimbal
-shaving the mainboard
-replacing much of the wiring
-removing the USB cord
-using carbon fiber parts and generally selecting mods on the basis of weight

Contact these guys for Mad Dogs - http://www.2dogrc.com (I think the 2700's are backordered last time I checked)

ElGuano said:
idan_estee said:

I've pretty much done everything I can to keep the Phantom looking (mostly) stock while trimming weight from my mods, including

-shaving the gimbal
-shaving the mainboard
-removing the USB cord

wow thats certainly impressive man! I would love to see a pic of it

idan_estee said:
wow thats certainly impressive man! I would love to see a pic of it

Well, other than the fact that the the gimbal is installed facing the back (and a few gaping holes here and there), it looks mostly stock. I wanted it light, but not too obviously frankenstein-ish :)

VhSaLXm.jpg

2mwhgeZ.jpg

ElGuano said:

-shaving the gimbal
-shaving the mainboard
-removing the USB cord
Aren't you running titanium prop nuts as well?

There is no beating the ElGuano diet :D

gen3benz said:
ElGuano said:

-shaving the gimbal
-shaving the mainboard
-removing the USB cord
Aren't you running titanium prop nuts as well?

There is no beating the ElGuano diet :D

I was, but I sheepishly admit I saved a couple of grams by shaving the dome-tops off the stock alloy nuts :oops: I think at this point it's more like bulimia...

I bought the simensays v3 landing gear from shapeways, those are the 3d printed white bits. I then found extra-thin 6mm carbon fiber tubing for the legs and cut them to the length I needed. So some dyi required but I didn't carve the mounts myself :)

I got this one yesterday and took my first flight with it today. Got 10 minutes flying time. Payload (with battery) is 1200g. On the stock battery, the payload is slightly less at 1170 (because the 2700 battery is 30g heavier) but I only get 7 minutes. That's a big jump. The battery is slightly larger so it's a bit of a tight fit and you have to go cables first. But other than that, it seems like a good battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJB ... UTF8&psc=1

Mike

My P1 build is sitting at 1084g all up weight includes:

Zenmuse, mini iosd, fatshark vtx, spironet antenna, GoPro and the standard phantom 2200 lipo.

I am yet to fly it! Will put flight time result up once the weather settles!

Quick question, how are you testing flight times? Indoor hover, outdoor hover, gps or attitude?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav