Battery Question

Reaction score
So when I started flying the battery was full bars. I flew about 11 mins and it started coming down noticed that the rear indicator lights were flashing RED and also saw that only 1 bar was blinking on the battery. Now I had a gopro and gimbal attached but the gopro was running on its own battery (didn't plug it into the gimbal). I figured by running on its own battery, it would help the P2 battery last longer. So basically my battery lasted only about 11 min. Is that normal? Do I have an issue with my battery or possibly the P2?

Flying conditions were perfect, no wind, clear skies. I wasn't flying aggressively by any means. I'm still learning to fly so basically took it up maybe 50-100 ft and just manuevered around.

Have you checked the battery in the assistant software? Maybe a bad cell? You should get closer to 15 - 18 minutes easy.

It's too bad you don't have FPV with a miniOSD, it shows battery level. That's one of the main things I watch closely when I fly. I have my Hero 4 Black connected to the Zenmuse all the time, and I still get over 15 minutes. I flew last Sunday, came away with an almost 13 minute video, and I think I was at about 35-40%.

It's too bad you don't have FPV with a miniOSD, it shows battery level. That's one of the main things I watch closely when I fly. I have my Hero 4 Black connected to the Zenmuse all the time, and I still get over 15 minutes. I flew last Sunday, came away with an almost 13 minute video, and I think I was at about 35-40%.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna add the FPV set-up soon. I calculated all the parts and looks to be in the $340 range if I got them all off ebay. If it is a bad cell, I'm assuming nothing you can do about that except getting a new battery?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna add the FPV set-up soon. I calculated all the parts and looks to be in the $340 range if I got them all off ebay. If it is a bad cell, I'm assuming nothing you can do about that except getting a new battery?

Yea, probably the only option. I need a second battery, but scared of all the horror stories I'm hearing, going to stick with OEM batteries, but even those are getting a bad rap lately. But, just like my photo equipment, I'll stick with originals...

I have the ImmersionRC 600, miniOSD, Black Pearl monitor, and some decent antennas. I love the info that I can see on the screen. Mostly pay attention to battery, height and distance from my start point. But you can also see how many satellites are locked, and other cool stuff.

If the battery is bad DO NOT THROW IT OUT! Read up on lipos if you are not familiar with them as they are not like regular household batteries and require special care.
You'll want to keep it someplace safe till you dispose of it, someplace outside away from flammable items. Find a place that recycles lipos.

Yea, probably the only option. I need a second battery, but scared of all the horror stories I'm hearing, going to stick with OEM batteries, but even those are getting a bad rap lately. But, just like my photo equipment, I'll stick with originals...

I have the ImmersionRC 600, miniOSD, Black Pearl monitor, and some decent antennas. I love the info that I can see on the screen. Mostly pay attention to battery, height and distance from my start point. But you can also see how many satellites are locked, and other cool stuff.

Can you recommend some antennas for your setup? I think im gonna go with what you have for my fpv setup.

Can you recommend some antennas for your setup? I think im gonna go with what you have for my fpv setup.

Check in the P2 assistant software and see how many times that battery has been cycled (charged) and what percentage of life it has left. Batteries don't last for ever and flight time will decrease with age.

This is on my ImmersionRC:
Circular Wireless SPW58 Skew Planar Wheel 5.8 GHz FPV Antenna

This is one antenna on my Black Pearl:
ImmersionRC SpiroNET 5.8GHz CP Patch Antenna IRL2302

This is the other on my Black Pearl:
5.8GHz Fatshark spiroNET Antenne Set Cloverleaf and SPW - FPV 5.8 - ImmersionRC
This is a pair, but I'm only using one. I was using both until I got the patch antenna.

So this all works well for me...

Here is a screen shot of the battery details from the assistant software. Can you tell form this what kind of shape my battery is in?

Attachments

• Battery INfo.jpg
    Battery INfo.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 224

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj