Battery question..

Reaction score
Thinking about purchasing a 5200 mah battery but its only a 15c. . Will the 15c be too low or will it be ok? Its 318 grams and a 3s of course..

jetdust said:
Thinking about purchasing a 5200 mah battery but its only a 15c. . Will the 15c be too low or will it be ok? Its 318 grams and a 3s of course..
it's probably 10c actually, if you are talking about the pro-z-14. It should be fine, it's more than a 25c 2200 after all.

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:
the pro-z-14.

Same one you're waiting on, yes?
Yep, it'll be at 0.0v when it finally gets here.

I'm interested in trying a 5000ish mah battery as well.

Can someone please post a reliable link from where one can be purchased?

I've seen a lot online but am nervous about randomly selecting one - especially since many do not seem to have the proper XT60 connectors.

rustysd said:
ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:
ElGuano said:
the pro-z-14.

Same one you're waiting on, yes?
Yep, it'll be at 0.0v when it finally gets here.

I'm interested in trying a 5000ish mah battery as well.

Can someone please post a reliable link from where one can be purchased?

I've seen a lot online but am nervous about randomly selecting one - especially since many do not seem to have the proper XT60 connectors.

If you buy a random 3s 5000mah battery on HK, it won't fit I'm the shell with any amount of battery bay carving. But people have just strapped those to the bottom of the phantom, and they work well enough. They are heavy though. The ones we're talking about here fit in the shell of a p1 or p2 but there is a bit of modding required to open up the physical space. The only really proven ones thus far are the thunderpower 5400, and seemingly the pro-z-14. Both require soldering on xt60 connectors.

Then there is the p2 battery and soldering up your own 3s2ps, neither of which are really basic mods.

I think so far, the pro-z-14 is the way to go for those looking for big batteries that fit with moderate modification to the shell.

That should have been obvious from looking at the picture or reading the descriptions. The battery has an HXT connector and you need it to have an XT60 female to plug into a Phantom.

Your best bet is to purchase a XT60 FEMALE connector and have someone solder it on the battery after it arrives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic