Battery problem saying non DJI battery

Reaction score
ok was out flying the other day when all of a sudden my p2v fell out of the sky, looked at fvp monitor and it came up 'lost connection'. It was a fully charged battery all pre-flight checks was carried out i.e. compass calibration, homelock was set, set in GPS mode (nazam). Everything was ok for the first minute then it just fell for no reason. Had to have new casing, props and found out the camera cable had a broken wire, maybe caused by the crash but not sure. So new casing fitted then put battery in to test and no lights come on at all but power, now getting wifi and full camera tilt control, but no green and red lights. I've tried a different battery and still no green or red lights, so plugged it into the pc, went to dji assistant software, which is now saying non-dji batterys (which they are). Tried two more dji batterys all say the same thing non-dji battery. At one point I did have four red lights reading error. I have check all wiring and connections and everything is solid. I don't have a clue now, help needed.

There is a problem somewhere between, or including, the spring-loaded battery data pins, the wire going from them to the motherboard, the connection with the motherboard. The battery sends a signal to the Vision flight controller that proves it's a genuine battery, that signal (amongst other things) goes through the spring pins. You can mimic the problem on a normal Vision by masking the pins or pads with a small piece of paper, for example.

Double-check that the pins are free to move all the way in and back out and clean them with either alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner. If that doesn't sort it check the wire, then the connection to the board. You can buy a new power blade/data pin block if we narrow it down to that being the issue.

Pull_Up said:
There is a problem somewhere between, or including, the spring-loaded battery data pins, the wire going from them to the motherboard, the connection with the motherboard. The battery sends a signal to the Vision flight controller that proves it's a genuine battery, that signal (amongst other things) goes through the spring pins. You can mimic the problem on a normal Vision by masking the pins or pads with a small piece of paper, for example.

Double-check that the pins are free to move all the way in and back out and clean them with either alcohol or a proprietary electrical contact cleaner. If that doesn't sort it check the wire, then the connection to the board. You can buy a new power blade/data pin block if we narrow it down to that being the issue.

simon that was the first think I checked there ok

Have about 30 to 40 flights whitout any problems then bang down she comes the no reason. I am well cheesed off am away from Monday for a week and was hope to get some flying cant even get the motors to start the only the working is the camera

Firestat said:
For what it's worth, I tap the battery like I would the mag in my Glock. Have not had a problem since I have been doing that.

had no problems before done at least 30 to 40 flights was flying ok then just came up lost signal then just fell 100ft from me have had my meter on it getting power to the board power to the camera, camera and app all working when I put battery in get the bleep and one flash of green light and that it motors wont even start up the meter I have at home is no good for testing diode or chips that's the only thing I can think as gone because of the way it just went one min flying happy in the sky next a sad mess on the ground or was that me crying am going take back to the shop (Buzzflyer) and get them to have a look at it

ok what I have learnt so far:

* Everything is pointing to sudden power failure i.e. one minute ok on fully charged battery then just fallen from sky

* After re-housing into new shell I was getting no light sequence but the camera and wifi were fully functioning

* Connected to pc all the reading was showing was 'not integrated dji battery'

* Checked battery pin recognition plus lead to the board and power is going all the way to the board

* After a lot of checking leads, plugs, solder etc I did notice that one of the chips on the board got extremely hot very quickly within seconds of putting the battery in and turning the battery on. Checked to see if it was shorting out but nothing

* The only conclusion I can come up with is that the battery chip recognition has gone causing a sudden power loss. I'm not sure if with the chip failing it would cause the motors to suddenly cut out and die, since I have not been able to get the motors to start

* I will find out more when it goes back to the shop (Buzzflyer) to be looked at

Loss of battery recognition in flight should just bring up a warning then the firmware will revert to voltage as a guide to remaining battery life rather than %. If the error occurs on the ground then the firmware will not allow the props to spin up. You definitely have the latter but had something a little more catastrophic than the former... Pointing to the battery error now being a symptom rather than a cause... ?

Pull_Up said:
Loss of battery recognition in fought should just being up a warning then the firmware will revert to voltage as a guide to remaining batter life rather than %. If the error occurs on the ground then the firmware will not allow the props to spin up. You definitely have the latter but had something a little more catastrophic than the former... Pointing to the battery error now being a symptom rather than a cause... ?

I do think that something as gone on the board like I said one of the chip was that hot within sec of putting the battery in I think the symptoms I am getting are from a problem on the board with the way it went. I have tested the battery I was using that's all coming back ok 11.1v and 4 lights still green the only think I don't no is that if any of the problems are from after. I cant for the life of me work out how it would just lose all power to the motors as I was still getting fvp so the battery had not come lose as there was still power going to the camera. Am going to take it in to the shop when I get back in a weeks time and see what john at Buzzflyer cant fine out but thanks simon will post the cause when I get it back which is not going to be for a few weeks

Pull_Up said:
It would definitely be good to get feedback on the outcome. Sorry got all the auto correct errors in my original post! :)

How about this one then Simon for a theory....where I live on the outskirts of Nottingham very close to a major motorway and where I was flying for the first time, there is an underground reservoir, which has been rumoured for years to be a Government communications bunker. In all the years I have lived and grown up in this area I have never seen any Severn Trent Water vans and given the fact that there used to be a lot of mines in this area. Just maybe there it's not a reservoir and they've got a directional EMP device that knocked my phantom out of the sky :lol: :lol:

The Americans have Area 51 whereas we've got the Reservoir on the hill?

Simon just had someone get back to me on FB by the sounds of it I am not the first one this as happen to this is what he put

Danny Garcia Shaun - mine came tumbling down as well recently on a trip to Singapore.

I confirmed it was an in-air power failure when I pulled the SD card and found the video I was filming did not finalize at around 150'+ up in the air during descent. I was able to then go to a local hobby shop and use their P2V to power up my camera (camera flew off on impact and broke camera wire plug) with the SD card in it which then finalized the video.

Quick update
I ring john at buzzflyer before I went away for a few days going down this week along with my p2v to see him its looking more and more likely that a chip on the main board as gone which caused the power failure he as told me that it will have to be sent back to DJI for them to have a look at it I am wondering whether to just put a new board in myself as sending back may take weeks or mouths for me to get it back I have just gone a week without and its doing my head in my wife as had enough of me going on about my poor p2v she seems to think I love my p2v more then I love her

First, a Vision dropping out of the sky which also quits recording while 150' up and leaves an unclosed file suggests a total loss of power occuring mid-flight. If you search this forum you'll find similar reports which were eventually traced to a broken solder joint where the battery leads are soldered to the Central Board, or broken at the back of the battery connector in the battery compartment. During flight the battery connection would fail and the aircraft would plummet. Any video recording in-progress would cease, leaving the clip unclosed (which could later be recovered by powering-up the camera for a few seconds, long enough for the camera to detect & close the open file on the microSD card).

If the camera cable or its connector was damaged it should likely be replaced, possibly along with the Central Board which may have been damaged in the process. If the Vision app displays no battery status or GPS telemetry, the serial port on the Central Board which carries this data is probably damaged.

The good news is all of these parts are readily available & inexpensive. If you're not up to the task or lack the necessary skills, letting DJI assess & repair your unit would probably be the most reliable & recommended way to go and worth the extra wait.

iDrone :idea:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic