Battery pack for goggles?

Reaction score
So I just received my SkyZone goggles and realized I need a power source/battery pack.

The manual says it'll take DC 7-28V/1A input and consumes 12V 4.3W.

It comes with a cable to connect one end to the goggles and the other to a battery or power adapter (red plug).

Any pointers to an appropriate battery setup for FPV goggles would be appreciated.

Thx!

Cool thanks! Yeah it's got the connector already. I also swapped out the rubber eye pieces for far shark replacements at the unanimous agreement by folks on another forum. They're much more comfortable.

Using an Immersion RC 600mw Tx.

Do people typically velcro the battery on the side of these things or hang from your hip somehow or?

Thx!

damoncooper said:
Cool thanks! Yeah it's got the connector already. I also swapped out the rubber eye pieces for far shark replacements at the unanimous agreement by folks on another forum. They're much more comfortable.

Do people typically velcro the battery on the side of these things or hang from your hip somehow or?

Thx!

Fatsharks have battery that fits on headband. I actually am not comfortable with a battery strapped to my head.... especially a lipo!

Have you tried it already? do they work with the immersion?

d4ddyo said:
damoncooper said:

Thx!

Fatsharks have battery that fits on headband. I actually am not comfortable with a battery strapped to my head.... especially a lipo!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Do folks typically use some kind of belt holder?

damoncooper said:
d4ddyo said:
damoncooper said:

Thx!

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! Do folks typically use some kind of belt holder?

I've only seen people have it hard wired to a ground station and antenna mounted on a pole up high. I personally would do the belt thing some how. I edited my last post to add the question: How does she work with the immersion? did you test it?

damoncooper said:
Will do. It's got 4 bands and 32 channels, so I'm hopeful it'll be ok

yeah... so does the black pearl and there is a specific 7 channel for immersion.

Only had a chance to check the docs for the Tx and goggles but they "seem" to be compatible on the surface. Band 4 on the SkyZones appears to match the frequencies of the Immersion RC 600 Tx exactly:

SkyZone Rx:

Immersion Tx:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404910080.436427.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404910080.436427.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 290
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404910097.669334.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404910097.669334.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 289

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads