Battery Numbering

Reaction score
Just a quick question, I see a lot of videos of folks with multiple batteries and they are all numbered....what is the logic behind numbering them? I assume its so you can keep track of the batteries your using and you can make sure you are not using the same one over and over again and spread the charge counts across them? Can someone either confirm or deny my theory.....

yes I have 6 so that way they get rotated not using one more than other

Reactions: BigPig
That's the reasoning behind why I number mine.

Reactions: flpholt
I number mine and rvery time I charge one I put a mark on it. Trying to keep the charging even on all the batteries. You can go on HealtyDrones and check the life, status and how many times they have been charged......If you remember which battery you used.

just look on dji app will tell you everything about your battery

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: flpholt
if I put marks on mine would of ran out of room along time ago

The app knows, so whether you number, letter, or Sanskrit.
It's all knowing all seeing third eye, knows.
I numbered all four of mine too, but I used Roman Numerals. ;-)

RedHotPoker

You should have used Chinese numbering.

When you consider our alphabet has 26 letters, and some Chinese dialects have over 1000 letters, symbols and phrases.
Imagine getting into a heated debate, and wanting to show off your prose!! Hahaha
No I will just continue to do as the Romans did.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
image.jpeg
I keep mine in rotation, so they all get equal use. I picked up these stickers off the bay. They work great and they match the P3p.

Reactions: SCGENE and BigAl07
I use those same stickers and use the #'s to help rotate my batteries. I actually take it a bit further and when I do monthly inspections and reporting I also fill out a battery log. This way I have a way of seeing a gradual "trend" in a certain battery. This allows me to also see if I'm using one battery more often than another and modify my usage to equal it out evenly among them all.

Here's where I got mine from about a year ago (and still look like new)
Phantom 3 Decals, Stripes, Battery Labels, Shirts

I like to know my strongest and weakest packs. If I'm going over water or off a cliff I'm going to have the best known pack loaded (usable capacity and cell variation).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20