Battery not draining?

Reaction score
My battery was left sitting for one day and auto drain was set to one day. I gave it three more hours to drain and then I checked and it at the same bars. Any help?

Here is a picture. It was already at this percentage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 306
Did anyone press the battery button during that time?

That's the only thing that should prevent it from discharging. Wait another 3 days and see what happens.

My battery was left sitting for one day and auto drain was set to one day. I gave it three more hours to drain and then I checked and it at the same bars. Any help?
After it starts discharging, it will take about two days to run down.
If you use the switch to check, it will restart the clock back to zero and the wait begins again.

Good call. I read that 3 more hours as days :(

if you charge a batt, but cant use it, it needs to inserted into the bird, and then be turned on to initiate the discharge time as set in the app ? does the battery have to stay in the bird, or can you shut it down and pull it and all will be good unless you turn the batt on ? ( sorry if i missed this in the manual)

The battery will auto discharge as long as you do not press the battery button.

The battery will auto discharge as long as you do not press the battery button.
.....even if its just been charged and hasnt been plugged into the bird and turned on? just not sure how " intelligent" the batteries are ?

if you charge a batt, but cant use it, it needs to inserted into the bird, and then be turned on to initiate the discharge time as set in the app ? does the battery have to stay in the bird, or can you shut it down and pull it and all will be good unless you turn the batt on ? ( sorry if i missed this in the manual)
You use the app to set the number of days left alone before auto discharge begins. It does not and probably should not be in the AC if you intend it to auto discharge. Don't press the button to check status as that starts the delay clock to zero. If you did have to leave a battery in the AC for auto discharge to work, how would those of us with multiple batteries protect them this way?

.....even if its just been charged and hasnt been plugged into the bird and turned on?
You got it. Pressing the battery button or charging it is the only thing that resets that internal timer.

.....even if its just been charged and hasnt been plugged into the bird and turned on? just not sure how " intelligent" the batteries are ?

Well, these batteries are intelligent but not magic... my understanding is that the auto-discharge setting is "global", meaning that is effectively applied to the AC, and from there it gets pushed to the individual batteries when they are plugged in and turned on. In other words, if you change the setting in DJI GO from 10 days to 1 day when battery #1 is inserted, you need to insert battery #2 (and turn on the AC) for it to pickup the change. But when this is done and the new auto-discharge setting is stored in each battery, you don't have to do anything: when the timer runs to zero, the discharge process will begin regardless if the battery is inserted in the AC or sitting in a box. As others said, just don't press the ON button as that resets the timer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj