Battery mods?

Reaction score
I've seen battery mods suggested in a few places. Never actually have found one though. If you know of a battery mod please let me know. :)

Reactions: williamjamesfpv
I've seen battery mods suggested in a few places. Never actually have found one though. If you know of a battery mod please let me know. :)
Just Search battery mod on the Forum

Haven't found anything either, but am very interested. Liked your thread and hopefully we'll get some help here soon.

I am going todo my own battery mod.have order parts and battery from hobby king figured out how to open p3 batt going to soldier y connection to battery and parallel two 1600mah batts just like fpv costoms does or horizon fpv does

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This is my battery mod this set up tucks the batteries under p3 less prop wash.it also allows me to leave the batteries on and this will fit in ur case with your battery in place!!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 400
Last edited:
Reactions: Newbieguy
Hello if I drive like miss daisy 23 mins if I fly full throttle out to 9.5 km and back landing with 25% I am getting 20 mins.but it's also -9C and I am breaking in new batteries so I have not used up the extra 10% still remaining!!!! HyperionHV 1800 mah 166gr

Its always a horses for courses trade off though.

Extra weight - means extra power needed to fly / hover etc.

As in all E-Power models - the balance is found where increased battery capacity gives advantage to a max - but then as you increase further - you actually start to lose out on performance ..

"Silverwingflinx" talks about 23 mins ... 20mins .... but at what weight penalty ? Given that an out of box P3 can actually fly 20mins if you are gentle with that power stick ... don't get aggressive and fly to max of battery ....

Not trying to be negative - just bringing it into perspective.

I was thinking of doing the 'tin-plate' mod myself ... which requires no battery work at all ... but in the end thought - why ? I usually fly up to max 18mins ... averager 13 - 15mins ... so it would be a weight penalty for ?

Just a comment : For anyone going for a battery add-on for the P3 ... make sure you get 4S LiHV format ... that is High Voltage 4.35V per cell LiPo - NOT the standard 4.2V per cell generally found over counter etc.

Nigel

Last edited:
Well done Svanen its always interesting and fun when you mod a bird, gaining a knowledge how a phantom works at the same time..cheers.

Is it possible to take out internal cells (for exaple if they are bad) and start drone only with external
battery connected to intelligent battery electronic ?

I have several batteries with bad cells and want to use them, battery mod can be a way.

Is it possible to take out internal cells (for exaple if they are bad) and start drone only with external
battery connected to intelligent battery electronic ?

I have several batteries with bad cells and want to use them, battery mod can be a way.

The problem would be in that the DJI battery accounts for TWO items ... the main which can use the 'tin-plate' adaptor, and the smaller inner which is the data / telemetry contacts.

If you only power via the main - then telemetry / data protocols will be missing and I think flight would likely be zero. It needs the board to distribute power accordingly so ....>

If you as I think you propose - is to take DJI board and connect to your LiPo's - then yes this can work - we've actually done it in our group - BUT the problem is resetting the board. We achieved reset one board - but another wouldn't - even though we know it was good before removal from old cells.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik