Battery Mod for P3P

JP.

Reaction score
I am planning to install soon fpvlr antenna. My limitation is now the battery. Anybody tried battery mod, and can you share the details??

Reactions: Bret Lucas
There was a member here who had this battery mod done is this what you where thinking?
IMG_8273.JPG

Looks interesting. How to fix the cable on the original battery. And what is the purpose of the white plugs from the 2 small batteries ?

Looks interesting. How to fix the cable on the original battery. And what is the purpose of the white plugs from the 2 small batteries ?
That type of battery needs the white plugs which are used for balancing when charging.
You can also use them as a secondary power outlet for accessories .
I'd imagine the batteries are connected in parallel somehow.
Since the DJI battery has double the voltage you will need two connected to match it.

On my last drone the AR 2.0 the white cable was used for charging the mod battery and the yellow on was the cable used to hookup to the drone or in this case the original battery

Battery mods have purchased the Hyperion 1800 mah high volt 4.35 per cell weight is 166 grams.this blows away any nanotech battery.cant give any real data as it is winter now but this mod is well worth it over 23 mins of flight.thats full speed ahead out to 9.5 km and back 19km...when spring is here that's when I will see the best performance.yes just breaking in new batteries landing with still 30% the new HV battery is the best way to go as lipos go

I use the fpvcustoms.com battery mod with the 1600mah batterys it comes with Andy flight time has increased to 25 min. I will soon be ordering larger batterys

Yes I have the Hyperion 1800 mah 166 grams this is a high volt battery.each cell can be charged to 4.35 volts giving you 10% more fly time same as Dji battery.can not test it to see what kind of flight time I can get do to -20 temperatures.i have done my own battery mod same as fpv.customs or fpv horizon does the same mod but alittle different.fly safe...aircraft.world is where I got my batteries and banggood is where I bought my charger the dual balance charger/ discharged D100 Sky RC power 2x100 very good charger....

Last edited:
Yes I have the Hyperion 1800 mah 166 grams this is a high volt battery.each cell can be charged to 4.35 volts giving you 10% more fly time same as Dji battery.can not test it to see what kind of flight time I can get do to -20 temperatures.i have done my own battery mod same as fpv.customs or fpv horizon does the same mod but alittle different.fly safe...aircraft.world is where I got my batteries and banggood is where I bought my charger the dual balance charger/ discharged D100 Sky RC power 2x100 very good charger....

You did your own battery mod? Any photos how you pulled this off. I was thinking about doing my own too. I'm not an electronic wiz, but based on my lil research I think it may not be that hard.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yes it is very easy the hardest part is to solder your wires to the battery look on forum there is how to pics..hope this gives you better idea how to mod your battery...fly safe

Last edited:
So I just need to buy some wire and 2 connectors which fit my extra batteries and then solder? That sounds way to easy.... Why do these modded batteries sell for hundreds?

Also do you know if dji can check the p3p flight log and void warranty if they see an aftermarket battery used?

Well if your worried about warinty wait till it expires and yes your flight log will say 20-23 mins fly time and how far you fly.but yes the mod is easy for more info see battery mods shows u how to open battery.just be careful not to short ur battery conect one at a time. Good luck with your mod.fly safe enjoy I have done 4 mods now or use 2 XT60 conectors

Last edited:
So I just need to buy some wire and 2 connectors which fit my extra batteries and then solder? That sounds way to easy.... Why do these modded batteries sell for hundreds?

Also do you know if dji can check the p3p flight log and void warranty if they see an aftermarket battery used?
A lot of money to be made in all the fluff,flora,fauna.big bizzz this hobby.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
this is how I did my battery tray install this has great CG and tucks your batteries out of the way of prop wash and will still fit in your case no on and off of battery trays.I also have the taller landing gear for this mod,best battery for this mod is Hyperion HV 1800 or 2400 mah aircraftworld!!!! One more thing after u do your mod first turn on Dji battery then conect the other 2 batteries if not done in order u get battery warning it's ok just do it in order..I have had over 25 flights now!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Noble 1
really? a 3s LiPo with 12,000mah @ 400 grams?

Could a battery mod be done with one of this type high aHA battery.
V1 High Capacity 12000mAh Emergency Car Jump Starter Battery Power Source with Three USB Charging Port

Why don't dji use this tech for their batts anyway, they are lightweight and high power output.

Maybe one of the LiPo techs might know what the latest greatest LiPo's are on the market. From the sounds of it, Hyperion is the cutting edge. Its also the most cost effective and has the least drag to do what Silverwing suggested with 2x2200mAh 3s Hyperions on both sides of landing gear to avoid air wash and be symmetric in weight and balance the craft.

However, this Emergency Jump Starter claims to have:
Capacity (mAh): 12000mAh
Specification
Power: 55.5W
Charging time: Approx 4 hours
Input: 5V, 2.1A
Output: 15V, 1A

Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.408 kg

if its true I'm sure some of the external hardware can be scrapped to make the battery lighter... and if this battery turns out to be decent, then the only question would be how to mount it so it has good cg. Like Silvewing suggested, balance is very important. 1 or 3 batteries is NO BUENO. 2 works great. There was a post with a 3D printed underbelly hub for a 2nd DJI lipo. This wont work since we have the new vertical positioning sensors VPS on the belly now. Perhaps you can find a 6,000mAh at 200grams and then just buy two and mount them on the sides of the landing gear as suggested?

anyone else have some idea what is up with this 12000mAh lipo?

@Silverwingflinx - I understand very little about the work arounds for batteries, I vaguely remember learning about batteries in parallel vs serial. I have 2x1800mAh 7.4v 3s fatsharks just sitting around. Would this be compatible?

Last edited:
Reactions: Silverwingflinx
Anybody can me explain this guy why using 2 batteries ?It give 22.2 V and for phantom its not a lot?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers