Battery low level warnings

Reaction score
Hi. I see that the low level warnings can be adjusted in the assistant software. Is this something anyone has done? Is it worth doing and what are the risks?

Thanks

CThody said:
Hi. I see that the low level warnings can be adjusted in the assistant software. Is this something anyone has done? Is it worth doing and what are the risks?

Thanks

People alter their low battery settings all the time with the P1's
but honestly, if you're flying a P2 or Vision, the last thing you want is to damage your $150 battery by draining it too much.
it's best to keep it where it's at. 15-20 minutes of flying time is an abundance.

People alter their low battery settings all the time with the P1's
but honestly, if you're flying a P2 or Vision, the last thing you want is to damage your $150 battery by draining it too much.
it's best to keep it where it's at. 15-20 minutes of flying time is an abundance.[/quote]

I don't think you can hurt the battery by draining it flat cos it's not like a normal lipo in that Ivan drain below 3.0 volts. I've drained my battery flat flat i.e. PV shuts down on its own, battery won't turn back on. I then throw it on the charge and it's good as gold. The life percentage indicator on the assistance software shows my batteries aging equally. Also, I'm sure I've read somewhere they (DJI) recommend draining below 7% every 20 flights to keep the battery healthy. I'm sure they have suggested draining it completely flat.

Re the batt warning level, I've got mine at 20% so I get max flight time! just keep an eye on your distance from home after you get down to 40% in case you gotta fly home in a head wind from 400m away.

Morgan 1983 said:
I don't think you can hurt the battery by draining it flat cos it's not like a normal lipo in that Ivan drain below 3.0 volts. I've drained my battery flat flat i.e. PV shuts down on its own, battery won't turn back on. I then throw it on the charge and it's good as gold. The life percentage indicator on the assistance software shows my batteries aging equally. Also, I'm sure I've read somewhere they (DJI) recommend draining below 7% every 20 flights to keep the battery healthy. I'm sure they have suggested draining it completely flat.

Re the batt warning level, I've got mine at 20% so I get max flight time! just keep an eye on your distance from home after you get down to 40% in case you gotta fly home in a head wind from 400m away.

I am by no means an expert but everything I have read warns against undervolting lipos. A lipo is a lipo. DJI does not have some advanced battery formula. I even question the draining to 8% as DJI recommends as I cannot find another source that backs up this assertion.

What are the battery low level warnings? I mean, I've got the it up in the air flying around. How does it warn me that the battery is too low?

I assume the smart battery name means there is some circuitry in the top of the battery that monitors the true voltage level so when we see 7% on the app, that's actually 3.3v or something similar. That's just my assumptions, it's your $150 battery so you do what feels right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj