Battery Life?..

Reaction score
I have had my phantom 3 standard for no more than 3 weeks and battery life is 95%.. What the actual f*** is going on?.. The battery costs 150 euros and i can't afford one for sure. What's wrong?

The battery life will eventually count down to zero when you've reached the maximum number of cycles. Don't know the exact number. Hopefully someone else can give some figures. I'd be happy with 200-300 cycles but it depends how the lipo is treated.

I got support and told that i need to store the battery nearly 50% charge and every 15-20 charges, to fully discharge to 8% and full charge it (2or3 times) Also never go below 25-30 percent, especially on a new battery. That's all i learned today, hope i help someone!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: tiziano
Same here... I got 2 batteries and they both seem to weaken at the same pace. About 15min actual flight time (with some video and picture taking of course) and the batteries have 30% charge left so I land.
Has anyone actually flown the 25min period that is promised, or is it recorded indoors hovering..? :D

The longest I ever did was 19+ minutes. It's not really good for the battery to max out the flight time. You should land with 30-40% remaining battery whenever you can and the batteries will likely last a bit longer. That'll give you an average 15 minutes flight time.

I am almost certain that if you want to achieve 21+ minutes of flying, you need to be in perfectly calm winds and minimal movement. I find flights where i really focus on my pictures rather than moving around most the flight, i can get 20 minutes and about 25-30% battery left.
Despite many saying it's a bad idea for the health of the battery, i do regularly drain my batteries as low as 20% on flights. I haven't noticed any degradation in the life of my batteries and my oldest battery has 47 cycles on it.
Here is a recent flight i did with a moderate amount of movement in the air: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Reactions: sinxa

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj