Battery life in controler

Reaction score
Does anyone have a ballpark number of times they use their phantom 2 remote before replacing the 4 double a"s. I know they have a indicator when they get low but how bad is the situation when that happens?

Typical alkaline batteries will last around about 20h of usage. Personally I use rechargeables, and replace them after 15h to give a reasonable margin of error.

Rechargeable batteries are not recommended, as their terminal voltage is lower - 1.2V compared to 1.5V. The current draw is very low, so you can run alkalines or lithium batteries.

I have a set of Energiser lithiums that so far have done over 20 hours and still read 6.2V!

noiseboy72 said:
Rechargeable batteries are not recommended, as their terminal voltage is lower - 1.2V compared to 1.5V.

For what it's worth, my 2000mAh NiMH rechargeables work absolutely fine. I've had no issues at all with using them.

TBH, I don't think you will ever have any issues with rechargeables, but unlike older TXs, these sets are designed for alkalines. The way the TX modules work, it won't make any difference on range, as the TX is fed from a regulated supply to give an unchanging signal - at least until the battery voltage dips below 4.8V!

I always keep a backup set of 4 in my Phantom's carrying case.

A very vague ballpark for you is that I had a set last for a month of use, flying once or twice per day; that's in line with a previous reply saying ~20hr

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj