Battery life (critical voltage and propulsion output limited)

Reaction score
For the first time I've gotten a warning about the battery level voltage being critical.
The phantom was flying in the garden (I was going to 8% >20 cycles) and was lucky enough to catch it, when out of the blue it started descending because of the voltage. This happened with 40% battery.

After some research I found out that it was probably because I had not used the battery in approximately one month. So I took it down to 8% (Let it run indoor), charged it all the way and gave it a go to monitor the battery.
It went fine till +- 50% then it gave a warning: "Propulsion output limited to protect battery"

Can I still safely use this battery?

I've added screenshot's form "Healthy Drones" of today's log and the log file

Info:
Battery: 22 cylces
Temp outside: 8 degrees (Celsius)
Wind: Force 4-5 (18 knots)

upload_2016-2-11_14-53-54.png

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-02-11_[13-57-57].txt
    959.5 KB · Views: 384
Battery temp doesn't seem to be the problem.

I think it's kind of a judgement call on your part. If it was me, I'd mark it and use it gently. Any hard runs, I'd use a different battery. MHO

I did another run with an other battery, same conditions and the same result!
Probably it has to do something with the outside temperature vs the voltage left in the battery.

Thanks

Had the same issue today for both batteries flying around my house in 60 degree weather. I have never seen this message till my last flight now I can't figure out how to fly without the error...

That's weird. It seems your aircraft is drawing more voltage than it should. Why? Could it be one of your motors is going bad?

I should have added I had the motor mount cracks and just got it back from
DJI California a few weeks ago, not sure if when moving to a new shell something wasn't installed correctly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav