battery life/charging cycles

Reaction score
So, I got a used P3S last fall that has performed great so far (except for recently after the new firmware update, but that's another post). I see people asking sellers of these drones how many times the battery has been charged. Mine says 52 times. What is considered a high number? Today was the first time that I have flown the drone long enough for it to RTH due to critically low battery, I wanted to see if the RTH actually worked, is there a difference between charging a partial battery and fully running a battery down?? Thanks in advance

There is no advantage to running a LION chemistry cell down to a low state of charge before charging. To do so is simply throwing away charge cycles and unduly stressing the battery.

What if you fly it to the max amount of charge a lot? Most of my airtime does not run the battery that low, but it's bad to fly for the full amount of time??? That doesn't seem right.

Doesn't seem right why? The deeper you discharge your packs the less cycles you get. It is a known performance characteristic of LiION chemistry.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4