Battery level - crash

No, CSC's don't cause an RTH (Return To Home), they cause an RTG (Return To Ground).

Sorry my bad, I thought the bird dropped from the sky.

Sorry my bad, I thought the bird dropped from the sky.
That's an easy mistake to make. Here's the OP's original comment:

I tried to land the drone but it kept going away from me and it headed straight into trees. It crashed into a tree and heavy brush...

Reactions: Pharm
At first the OP's wording threw me off.

"
Drone was about 100ft in the air and i was about to land when i heard message "battery level is low - the aircraft will head to homepoint in 20 seconds". My screen was reading about 50% battery level.

At this pont i was far away from the homepoint."

I think he is saying that he himself was a long way from the home point and he was trying to land.
Then RTH kicked in and the P3 started going home. But it was lower than the trees.

He must have pulled down on the left stick after the RTH started. So it did not rise to RTH altitude and crashed.

Best guess without a log.

Pic before my crash

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    711.3 KB · Views: 338
Help.

Drone was about 100ft in the air and i was about to land when i heard message "battery level is low - the aircraft will head to homepoint in 20 seconds". My screen was reading about 50% battery level.

At this pont i was far away from the homepoint.

I tried to land the drone but it kept going away from me and it headed straight into trees. It crashed into a tree and heavy brush...

This happened about 45min ago and I was able to recover it. I havent powered it at this point and will be contacting DJI.

Is this usually covered under warranty?
How old is this battery? Do you store your batteries fully charged? If so when was the last time you used this battery? If you are not flying within a week of fully charging them they need to be discharge back down to about 40% if not planning to fly anytime soon. I had the exact same thing happen using a battery I left fully charged all winter. The battery was swollen and gave a false charge reading and within 3-4 minutes of flying it went from 96% to 50% then 20% then auto land and I could not get it to return.

This is just another Smart Go Home activation. It sounds almost identical to the guy trying to land his bird on his boat, when Smart Go Home activated, and the bird took off to the Home Point, which was actually a long ways away, and hit a nearby tree because, while trying to land it, during what he perceived as a flyaway, his stick movements cancelled the altitude ascension to a safe height! :eek: Turn OFF Smart Go Home! :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20