Battery level - crash

Reaction score
Help.

Drone was about 100ft in the air and i was about to land when i heard message "battery level is low - the aircraft will head to homepoint in 20 seconds". My screen was reading about 50% battery level.

At this pont i was far away from the homepoint.

I tried to land the drone but it kept going away from me and it headed straight into trees. It crashed into a tree and heavy brush...

This happened about 45min ago and I was able to recover it. I havent powered it at this point and will be contacting DJI.

Is this usually covered under warranty?

It depends on whether or not the crash was caused by user error. If you'd like our opinion, please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here.

Will be interesting to see the logs. First guess is: A. Not cancelling RTH before trying to take control, B. RTH altitude set too low for surrounding terrain (trees).

Can DAT files be uploaded to healthy drones? Or do I need to convert... I'm currently downloading them from the p3p

No. You can convert it with the tool (DatCon) I linked above though.

That does not look like the correct log. Take off bat. 97% Landing 94%.
Perhaps you took off and landed. Then went back up?

That is correct Trackman.

I have the DAT file and used DatCon, got a csv file but Healthy Drones doesnt accept the file. Is

That is correct Trackman.

I have the DAT file and used DatCon, got a csv file but Healthy Drones doesnt accept the file. Is
Healthy Drones doesn't accept .csv files produced by DatCon. You can try uploading that .csv here. But, you'll need to change the file to a .txt file. I.e., change the name of the file from FLYXXX.csv to FLYXXX.txt.

Will be interesting to see the logs. First guess is: A. Not cancelling RTH before trying to take control, B. RTH altitude set too low for surrounding terrain (trees).

If I remember correctly, I went up for about a minute, landed the bird to disable RTH, went back up and then I started my flight. Appears RTH never got disabled.

I will upload the CSV I got from DatCon later today.

If I remember correctly, I went up for about a minute, landed the bird to disable RTH, went back up and then I started my flight. Appears RTH never got disabled.

I will upload the CSV I got from DatCon later today.

Took it for a long ride but I was at 50% battery level when the battery message appear and within 10 sec it started to return home. It has never done that at 50%. batt level.

There should be a second flightlog.txt file on your device.
Sometimes the device (phone/tablet) will need to connect to DJI site before it produces the log txt file.

What you got was Low Power alarm at 50%. Returning home in 10 seconds.
If you do nothing it will do what ever you have RTH set to do. Or you can cancel and fly home yourself.
This is triggered when the Go app calculated that you needed to go home at that point in order to have enough battery to make it home.
MY guess would be you were about 10,000ft away at that point if this triggered at 50% battery.

Reactions: BigAl07
If you find the 2nd log file upload it here
and post the link back.

Took it for a long ride but I was at 50% battery level when the battery message appear and within 10 sec it started to return home. It has never done that at 50%. batt level.

Keep in mind that a single cell within the battery pack could be getting weak etc and even a "battery level of 50%" would trigger this warning if there is a failing cell. Without the logs everything is just a guess at best.

Help.

Drone was about 100ft in the air and i was about to land when i heard message "battery level is low - the aircraft will head to homepoint in 20 seconds". My screen was reading about 50% battery level.

At this pont i was far away from the homepoint.

I tried to land the drone but it kept going away from me and it headed straight into trees. It crashed into a tree and heavy brush...

This happened about 45min ago and I was able to recover it. I havent powered it at this point and will be contacting DJI.

Is this usually covered under warranty?

Accidental CSC ?? ...

With no log data to see yet, I'd have to agree with your assessment. From the initial post this sounds like a classic story of user error. It sounds like the P3 performed as designed. I think the crash was caused by a combination of your A and B. That plus an incomplete understanding of the P3's expected behavior in RTH and/or Smart Go Home situations, especially when the RC has moved from the home point as seems to be the case. As you noted, we'll know more if we see the logs, so for now we can only speculate.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic