Battery jarring loose causing crash

Reaction score
I have usually had problems with removing battery. The two release buttons pushed and still tough to remove.
The last flight the battery was inserted properly anda bout 100 meters out I was banking hard left and lost power. Crash in the Costa Rican Jungle. Found battery a couple of meters from drone but drone was stuck in the top of a tree. Can flexing of the plastic of the drone and the release buttons on battery cause a disconnect?

As above, I think the battery came out in the crash,I always double check, but the clips are a very tight fit and difficult to remove.
I have seen numerous reports of crashes with the battery found a short distance away.
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: DocDiggler
As above, I think the battery came out in the crash,I always double check, but the clips are a very tight fit and difficult to remove.
I have seen numerous reports of crashes with the battery found a short distance away.
Sorry for your loss.
I might have not made it clear but the Phantom lost all power about 30 feet above trees a little far to see the battery fall but what else would cause all communication and power? it went straight down into the trees below.

Do you flip the bird to check the lower CLIP? I have seen only the upper clip catch, had to force the lower a bit, even though I heard the click of the lock.

Reactions: embayweather
I might have not made it clear but the Phantom lost all power about 30 feet above trees a little far to see the battery fall but what else would cause all communication and power? it went straight down into the trees below.
Maybe a total battery failure, however I still think the battery locks in very securely and shaking loose is unlikely the cause.
Once again sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, my P2 went down, and I never found the cause, and lost all confidence in it, so I retired it after about 150 flights.

Do you flip the bird to check the lower CLIP? I have seen only the upper clip catch, had to force the lower a bit, even though I heard the click of the lock.
No I cannot be sure both clips locked properly. I do know at least one of them was locked in place.

I just cannot understand how it is so hard to get the battery out but yet it falls out in flight!

Maybe a total battery failure, however I still think the battery locks in very securely and shaking loose is unlikely the cause.
Once again sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, my P2 went down, and I never found the cause, and lost all confidence in it, so I retired it after about 150 flights.
No real damage except camera arm broke off and tore the elect cable apart! Maybe expensive to fix!

No I cannot be sure both clips locked properly. I do know at least one of them was locked in place.

I just cannot understand how it is so hard to get the battery out but yet it falls out in flight!

I would find it difficult to believe that it came out 'in flight'........lets see the flight logs???

No real damage except camera arm broke off and tore the elect cable apart! Maybe expensive to fix!
If you feel competent enough it does not sound too bad, I would not hesitate to tackle a repair, but yes the ribbon cable is fiddly and you may prefer not to tackle it. Good luck.

If your camera goes nuts after replacing the cables, add $25.00 to the $25.00 or so for bracket and cable set for $50.00 repair job. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers