battery issues ?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Did any of you experience weird problem with phantom 2 (or even vision) with battery ? I have Phantom 2, was flying allright, but then almost had a crash. My battery was 97% when I started with my fpv glasses, was flying around and then.. something interesting happened. When I hit 80%->79% Phantom 2 went into failsafe and started descending really fast ! I'm a big lucky, as I've noticed altitude thanks to iosd mini dropping really fast. I've pushed stick to the maximum, touched small tree (phew) and safely landed.

Then, I've charged battery.. it was quite.. fast (like ~1h). However, I took it and same story happened. Until 80% everything was fine, then 79% and failsafe initiated. So.. I fully discharged this battery down to 0% (that didn't take long) and charged it again.. and as you suspect - same story still. I've disconnected all of the equipment and it's happening again. I connected Phantom 2 and all cells from the battery are reporting. This battery has 9 flights behind, so it's still fresh.

Does anyone know what is going on in here ? Have you seen anything like that before ?

tl;dr: phantom 2 is going into failsafe mode, when battery is reaching 79% or less. Battery had 9 flights total. Flight time dramatically decreased (~6 mins?) comparing to out of the box phantom 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic