BATTERY ISSUES (Early Autoland)??? POST HERE

Reaction score
So I just thought I would start a new topic on this. Have any of you that upgraded to 3.04 noticed that you get the first or even second level red LED flash earlier than normal. Even thought I don't have iosd I am pretty sure I have seen first level at time at around 35% to 40%. Then I have also experience auto descend at 25%-30% when this should only happen at second level. So speak up if you have noticed anything weird, only concerning battery level warnings on the 3.04.

**Updated Thread name

***Update
If you are having this issue on any firmware version, please post here and let us know at what % battery level you go into 2nd level and what % you start to auto descend. Also let us know how many discharges and battery life % is on your battery. I am really starting to think this is a battery issue/bug, possible when you get into 70ish discharges at around 75% battery life.

Re: Are you getting early Battery Warning on 3.04 Firmware??

shartlza said:
So I just thought I would start a new topic on this. Have any of you that upgraded to 3.04 noticed that you get the first or even second level red LED flash earlier than normal. Even thought I don't have iosd I am pretty sure I have seen first level at time at around 35% to 40%. Then I have also experience auto descend at 25%-27% when this should only happen at second level. So speak up if you have noticed anything weird, only concerning battery level warnings on the 3.04.

NO.

Yes I am. 5 min flying time before it auto lands. Do you have an Idea of what going on with it?

Well, i did a little test today. I downgraded to 1.08 and tested. Even though i did enjoy the faster horizontal speed and faster descent, i still got the auto descend and land at around 14min 15 sec. Then i checked the battery % in the assist and it was at 31%. :( Also with the descent speed being faster it was a down right scary fast descent and if it was any higher for sure it would have for sure gone into a VRS. It's probably my battery.

Redman, If you are going into auto land after 5 minutes that is a big issue and i would contact your vendor to see if it is under warranty or you may have to go through DJI like i am trying.

I don't believe I have this problem. I don't time my flights, but observe the display from the GoPro and recordings are 16-19 minutes long. When the iOSD shows 30% I get flashing lights on the Phantom. Seems appropriate. I'll review my battery charging logs and look for any anomalies.

So I have noticed throughout the last week that alot of people have been calling out the 2nd battery warning coming on at 30% and auto landing (here and djiguys.com) and most seem to be on 3.04. Do you think it is possible that a secret firmware was hidden in 3.04 for the smart battery. I know in the updates screen in the assistant there is a battery firmware and I don't think it has changed, but I am not sure. Maybe someone that has never upgraded (not downgraded) from 1.08 let us know what the battery firmware # is.

All that read this thread and are on 3.04, please fly your P2 and anywhere between 25%-30% see if you get the 2nd level battery warning on the craft and it starts to auto descend and report back here.

Re: Early Battery Warning (Auto Descend) on 3.04 Firmware??

early auto land would be a battery issue... what voltage is this happening at. not battery life

Re: 25%-40% Battery Warning and Auto Descend??

That is very interesting that your battery started doing this after 70 discharges because that is exactly when mine started acting up. Did you also notice thag your flight time was reduced? I would normally get 17 min flight time to about 25% with just a gimbal, then all of a sudden my flight time dropped to 14 to 15 minutes. Could you please reply in the post I listed above, so we can keep a log.
shartlza

It actually was doing it before the 70 cycle mark. The flight time has been pretty consistent at about 15 min. I am flying a gimbal as well as a FPV set up, and IOSD Mini. The low battery warning seems to come on as high as 46% on the battery(as indicated by the IOSD) and on the low side I think 33 % is the low trigger point on that battery. Regardless of the trigger point, the P2 goes straight to land mode. Then it is full throttle to keep it in the air and get it on the ground softly. I usually have the P2 close to me when the battery starts this cycle, so I am not in a panic to get it back quickly.
I thought about calling DJI about this, but then again, I don't feel like wasting a afternoon on hold to get nowhere.

Ah Well.

I am getting the exact same problem. Yesterday I took out my Phantom 2 to test both my batteries as I felt I was not getting the same flight time as before and that the auto landing was kicking in as around 30% . I was not any hard flying but just hovering around myself so I could see exactly when the auto landing was kicking in . One of my batteries I only got 8 mins flight time and the iosd mini display was showing 46% . I tried to use my control to keep it up but it went up for about 20 secs and then started to land so I picked my spot . The other battery I got a longer flight time of 12 mins and it started to land after about 30 %. I am sure I was getting a lot more before but I have only still about 20 flight tests so I was unsure if I was making any mistakes.
I have contacted DJI support and they have contacted me back asking the actual % when the autolanding kicked in so I have returned the email and wait their response .

I was thinking of going back from 3.04 to 1.8 to see if it makes any difference of if DJi tell me its a battery problem .?

The only thing I can see is that the battery that gives me less flight time has cell 2 with less voltage .

Attachments

• BATTERY INFO.jpg
    BATTERY INFO.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 1,936

WOW,
You actually got a response from DJI ????
I sent them a note about this weeks ago, and as expected nothing in response..... No surprise

gecarey said:
WOW,
I sent them a note about this weeks ago, and as expected nothing in response..... No surprise
I have not heard from DJI, but i just emailed them last week. I did try a new battery i got today and my time was about 15:30 to 25% and i was on second level, but it did not auto descend. I ran it all the way to 20% and still did not auto descend, so it sounds like the issue is a battery thing. Maybe after 70 or so discharges the battery tends to sag more and drop to the auto descend level much easier than a new battery.

gecarey said:
WOW,

Yes .. here is the latest reply ..which I think I covered in my first email but will supply invoice now and dealer name.

Daniel Hua Daniel Huang (DJI)

Jun 12 10:41

Dear Sir,

Please try to fully discharge and charge the battery as instructed by the manual.

By the way, who's your dealer? Could you attached proof of purchase?

Best Regards

eric eric

Jun 11 15:09

Hi Daniel

I tried again with my two batteries and the one in question the phantom 2 started to land around 46% . The other battery I have started to land at 25% . I have only a h3-2d gimbal , iosd Mini and avl 58 attached .

Regards
Eric

Daniel Hua Daniel Huang (DJI)

Jun 11 11:01

Dear Sir,

How many percentage of battery when auto descend?

Best Regards.

eric eric

Jun 07 08:09

This is a follow-up to your previous request #5437 "H3-2d gimbal for gopro on m..."

Dear DJi
I recently purchased a Phantom 2 from my dealer in Bangkok Thailand. I am contacting you as I have a problem as his English is not so good and I cant speak Thai .
The other day I noticed that the Phantom started to auto descend while I still had over 30 % battery left. I am not sure was i doing something wrong but on checking the battery I noticed a big difference in cell two voltage .
Is this normal ? I have tried a discharge but it is still the same .
I have enclosed a screenshot.

Thanks for any help
Eric Orchin

Attachment(s)
BATTERY INFO.jpg

3.04 here, no such problems. I have two batteries. First level 30%, second level 20%.
I have H3-3D, FPV 600mw, iosd. My batteries do not go into autodescend until about 15% when I intentionally tried it. I usually land by 20%.
Just flew on both batteries today and no problem at all. Everyone keeps bashing the firmware update, but I'm very satisfied with it.

Fyod said:
3.04 here, no such problems. I have two batteries. First level 30%, second level 20%.
I have H3-3D, FPV 600mw, iosd. My batteries do not go into autodescend until about 15% when I intentionally tried it. I usually land by 20%.
Just flew on both batteries today and no problem at all. Everyone keeps bashing the firmware update, but I'm very satisfied with it.
What is your flight time?

15-18mins

Today I tested both of my reasonably new batteries both with about 98% battery life.
On my first flight I got 10mins with just iosd and avl58 as i removed my h3-2d gimbal and go-pro . It went into auto land at 36% . After it landed the quick red flashing lights changed back to slow green . So I thought I would see if I could take off again . I was able too but within seconds they changed to flashing red and landed . The battery charge on my iosd screen read 33%.
I then placed my second battery and done the same flight pattern and I got 17 mins and the slow red lights came on at 25% ( which I had pre-set ) but within a couple on mins the charge went to 19% and it started to auto land ( I had set the second level to 12% ) .
I charged then both up and repeated the test and got much the same results. I am going to buy another new battery and hope to send the one that is going into auto land at above 33% back to my dealer for him to test.
I do notice that on this battery on full charge there is a difference of 100mv on cell 2 .

I really am enjoying flying my phantom but wish I could sort out this niggling problem . I am concerned more that if I make longer flights and it goes into auto land that I cannot land it where I would like . The only thing now is to return at around 50 % to make sure . I have looked and many videos and see guys running down to at least 20% . I would only get about 5-8 mins flying time at 50% .

Thanks,

That was a well though out very informative post.

Coming back over water with 36% battery could make for a bad day.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj