Battery issue?

Reaction score
I purchased a phantom 3 4K about a month ago and have about 12 flights. I noticed that my battery is very warm.....almost hot when a remove it. I also fly a phantom 2 vision and have never noticed any battery heat and longer flight time as well. Also when I charge the phantom 3 battery it begins with about 5 seconds of the normal 1st and 2nd lights flashing, then goes right to a steady flashing 4th light by itself. Is this a malfunction indicator? Maybe because it is too warm/hot to charge? Help!!!!!
Thanks

Yes, the batteries do get warm when used. It sounds like you're describing the following blink pattern:

TooWarm.png

Yes, the batteries do get warm when used. It sounds like you're describing the following blink pattern:

View attachment 62611
Thank you for the chart. I actually let the battery cool down and tried again....charging normally. My phantom 2 vision battery is barely warm after a flight. Thought there might be a problem.. Appreciate the response..

Yes, the manual says not to charge the batteries until they cool to room temp. Yes, it's normal for it to be warm/hot after flying.

Ambient temperature and a fast discharge rate will affect the battery temp, as well.

Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20