Battery issue

Reaction score
Ok here is something I notice today why is my battery only good for about 12 min on full charge how is this possible when it's suppose to be about 20min can anyone tell me what to do maybe runn battery down all the way ?

More info I'm in naza mode on gps att
When the props spin up my phone say like 13 min I've never seen it say anything like 15-20min
This odd people say they get 15-20min flight

What should I do ?

You should time it with a stop watch as the time in app changes depending on how your flying... like hooning around will estimate lower time remaining than just hovering.

Also... I only get around 15 minutes.. Mine is just under 3 months old, but got same results from day 1.
I get an extra minute or so now that I changed to 9450 props, but beware some, if not most people lose a minute or so with those props.

I hear what you are saying though...and I to am curious why we get what seems to be less time than others. It also obviously depends on flying styles. If i do JUST hover I will get closer to 20 minutes.. JUst recently I have started reading more thoroughly into proper battery care to try an increase the life.. There is some documentaton on the dji website under downloads section that you might want to read through if you have not already (stuff like run down battery as you mentioned).

but yeah.. seems like some of us definitely do loose out on a few minutes... I made a thread similar this... someone said its only 3 minutes.. and I was like yeah but I have done 100 recharges across both batteries (I get the same 15 mins out of both batteries) so its like 100x3 = 300 minutes!!

I also took it back to the store I got it from after having it for 2 weeks after I noticed I could only get around 15 minutes, they couldn't find anything wrong with the phantom, 2xbatteries.. all they did was give me a new charger, which made no sense and did nothing... I got over the 'problem' for a couple of months, but yeah as I said I'm back into researching this.. would like an extra 2-3mins for free :)

Was having some major major battery issues recently (not related to this) I think I have finally resolved so I can go back to enjoying flying.

BTW How old is your Phantom ??

I have the phantom vision plus v3.0

And I agree 3min is still 3min it all adds up I'm sure that person who said who cares would really care if you shave 3min from him any way

I've read about battery and stuff I have not run down the full battery

Also I understand the whole prop changing thing but for now got no money for extras

I just got my phantom almost 1 week ago

Do you think it will make any diffrents if I get off naza mode and back to phantom?

I also think the new v3.0 motors can be the problem since they are more powerful

I will try stop watch tomorrow see the diffrents

Thanks keep in touch if you get any news I'll do same since we on the same boat

No idea about new motors... ask some of the other v3 folks how much time they get? Mine is just the v2+. They could just be more effeciant but less/same/more power usage???

Its hard to compare though as everyone has a diff flying style..
Generally with me I fly and hover.. so im not just going flat out entire time. Tested enough times with wind, without wind etc etc.

I dont think phantom/naza makes a diff as I had same run time with both modes.

Ive also run down my batterys to 0%:till they shutoff for the first time last night.. previously the most I had gone to was 8%.
Not expecting anything but who knows.. if it doesnt rain today i'll go for a test. Will ket you know. Btw i think yours has the 9450 props i got aswell.. check to see if you can see "9450" wrotten near the centre if each prop.. think they are part of the upgrades v3 has.

My phantom is v3.0 no add ons nothing all stock
All my battery's are fresh new as I got this all dec 1

When I stay still and not ride it fast I think I get more time but as I'm trying to master it for a shoot for a friends car compony "PLATINUM MOTORSPORT" they have a lot of exotic cars and in feb I'll have a shoot witch I'm excited about

And where does it say that no matter what I will get 15min fly time even if I keep the phantom moving at high speed ??
I hope you right

Ok have done testing after running both batteries down to 0% and letting them stop by themselves (for the first time ever.. after 50+ recharges) have done 4 flights.. 2 on each battery.. I put the original 9443 props back on as well.. and I think I have gotten an extra 2 minutes per battery... Previously it would be 15 mins... Now with the same flying style/path I had 17 and a bit minutes.

Had the increase on all 4 batteries/tests.

Am going to put the 9450's back on and see if I get an extra minute added... I seem to get an extra minute with those props (others seem to lose a min).
Hopefully I'll be upto 18 mins !!

justin00 said:
Ok have done testing after running both batteries down to 0% and letting them stop by themselves (for the first time ever.. after 50+ recharges) have done 4 flights.. 2 on each battery.. I put the original 9443 props back on as well.. and I think I have gotten an extra 2 minutes per battery... Previously it would be 15 mins... Now with the same flying style/path I had 17 and a bit minutes.

Had the increase on all 4 batteries/tests.

Am going to put the 9450's back on and see if I get an extra minute added... I seem to get an extra minute with those props (others seem to lose a min).
Hopefully I'll be upto 18 mins !!

Good stuff I'm going to start testing these stuff out tomorrow see what I get I have not run them to 0% since I have only 1 week about 7 flights in on each battery but I might just run 1 down and test one and compair I'll get back at you guys tomorrow see how this goes I wrote to dji as well and I'll call them maybe tomorrow we will see

I would think dji optimises the selection of the motor-power and prop-design to give a perfectl/ most efficient match. So I belief it is not wize to mix up different typy's of motors and prop- design.

Iabove said:
My phantom is v3.0 no add ons nothing all stock
All my battery's are fresh new as I got this all dec 1

When I stay still and not ride it fast I think I get more time but as I'm trying to master it for a shoot for a friends car compony "PLATINUM MOTORSPORT" they have a lot of exotic cars and in feb I'll have a shoot witch I'm excited about

And where does it say that no matter what I will get 15min fly time even if I keep the phantom moving at high speed ??
I hope you right

It does not say anywhere in the manual or in any documentation, however if you had noticed in my message I said I had and email from DJI which I have pasted below.

DJI Innovations
To
me
20 Aug
Dear Donald
The flight time really varies.
A fully charged new battery could last up to 25 minutes in an ideal conditions. However, 15 minute may be guaranteed.
Thank you

Best Regards,

DJI Innovations
Tech Support: [email protected]
General Inquiry: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
DJI online sales: [email protected]
Marketing: [email protected]
Press Release: [email protected]
Tel: (86 755) 26656677
Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)

So, if you have a stock P2VP, DJI will guarantee a minimum of 15 minutes flight as per the email above.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl