Battery in the aircraft for a long time

Reaction score
Hello,
is it OK to leave the battery inside the Phantom for a long time? I know that it should be discharged to ~ 50%, but I don't know do I have to remove it from the aircraft.

Last edited:
Most people don't do it, but DJI never warned it's not okay to do. What's the benefit of storing a battery in your Phantom?

In my Phantom 2 & 3 aircraft I don't leave the batteries in the bird because it keeps the spring-loaded "sense" pins compressed. The Phantom 4 doesn't have those spring-loaded pins so I leave one in the bird & the other two in the case spaces. I have two more batteries coming so it may be time for me to spring for a real P4 case or backpack.

Hello,
is it OK to leave the battery inside the Phantom for a long time. I know that it should be discharged to ~ 50%, but I don't know do I have to remove it from the aircraft.

Reactions: Dwilli9013
Most people don't do it, but DJI never warned it's not okay to do. What's the benefit of storing a battery in your Phantom?
The benefit is that it's more compact and perhaps the drone is not so vulnerable - without a battery everything can penetrate easier into P4 electronics.

without a battery everything can penetrate easier into P4 electronics.
Interesting use case. I'm assuming most people have a case to protect their Phantom.

In my Phantom 2 & 3 aircraft I don't leave the batteries in the bird because it keeps the spring-loaded "sense" pins compressed. The Phantom 4 doesn't have those spring-loaded pins so I leave one in the bird & the other two in the case spaces. I have two more batteries coming so it may be time for me to spring for a real P4 case or backpack.

Agree. The spring loaded contacts in the overlier birds were the concern. I always keep a battery in my P4.

I store it in the bird just because I don't have enough storage space for all my batteries without doing that.

+1 for keeping a battery in the bird but I too have also wondered if there are any ill side effects to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20