Battery Help?

Reaction score
Hopefully my question is an easy one. I bought a used p2 from B&H Photo. My problem is once I get the p2 airborne on a full battery, after about 30 seconds it automatically cuts power and lands. This has happened on both occasions I have tried to fly it since I received it.. I can power it back up and take off, but eventually it cuts power completely in midair causing it to crash (busting 2 rotor blades). After it crashes the battery is only flashing one light, then after it sits for about an hour it has gone up to 3 lights.

The info on the DJI Assistant says it has 70% charge left and 99% of life left...

send it back for a refund

They are sending me a new battery. Does it sound like a battery issue to you? The battery does look like it was swollen, and the sides are soft to the touch when you squeeze it

Hopefully my question is an easy one. I bought a used p2 from B&H Photo. My problem is once I get the p2 airborne on a full battery, after about 30 seconds it automatically cuts power and lands. This has happened on both occasions I have tried to fly it since I received it.. I can power it back up and take off, but eventually it cuts power completely in midair causing it to crash (busting 2 rotor blades). After it crashes the battery is only flashing one light, then after it sits for about an hour it has gone up to 3 lights.

The info on the DJI Assistant says it has 70% charge left and 99% of life left...
Now you know why someone else dumped it. I'd try a new battery first.

They are sending me a new battery. Does it sound like a battery issue to you? The battery does look like it was swollen, and the sides are soft to the touch when you squeeze it

Yes it does sound like a battery issue but taking a screenshot of the battery and posting it here would be very helpful in confirming your suspicions..
Battery #7.jpg

Here is a photo of the battery itself and what I think may show it bloated and the screen shot from the assistant

Attachments

• 20160308_184504.jpg
    20160308_184504.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 322
  • 20160308_171735.jpg
    20160308_171735.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 315
Here is a photo of the battery itself and what I think may show it bloated and the screen shot from the assistant

Fully charge that battery and take another screenshot and post it. Don't forget to do an advanced IMU calibration If you haven't since the crash.

View attachment 46625
Here is the screens hot fully charged View attachment 46625

Being that this was a used purchase it are hard to say how the battery was maintained. More then likely it was not stored properly at 50% by the retailer from whom you bought it from and current values in your screenshot bare that out. At least they are willing to send you a replacement but if you have any further problems with the P2 send it back for either a replacement or your money back. This is what a new battery with 4 cycles look like.
New Battery Screenshot.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4